• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UC / SX & The Detail Barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC / SX & The Detail Barn

So I've been away from detailing for about 18 months as well as all the forums . As I expected there have been some new product releases, a few of those being by Meguiar's. I've been hearing so much about the new 105 & 205 combo, I am really looking to trying them just haven't got my hands on them yet. Today I picked up some Ultimate Compound & SwirlX, tried them on my test hood and I have to say I am pretty impressed with these being OTC products and the level of results I obtained with them. I started by lightly scratching the clear of the hood with a key in several spots.Ultimate Compound cut right through them, and I'm surprised to say it removed them a bit faster them my Optimum Hyper compound. The hood is dark grey so I saw a need to follow up with SwirlX, the finish was definitely improved the gloss level of the the paint.

Overall I am truly impressed with these products, given that they are OTC that is even more amazing. The only word of caution I have is the Ultimate Compound if pretty aggressive and I was able mar the finish pretty badly using it by hand and not thoroughly working the product.

Oh as a side note I used my cyclo which both of these products worked very well with. Good working time and no real dusting or sling.
    "Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
    -Mark Twain.

Re: UC / SX & The Detail Barn

sounds great, the new products are awesome
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience with these great two new products. Can't even begin to tell you how much easier Ultimate Compound makes it for the average person to remove defects like swirls, scratches and etchings out of a clear coat finish faster, with less work by hand or machine and with often times exceptional gloss and clarity.

SwirlX not only works great for brining the finish up to it's maximum gloss and clarity, it's also very easy to work with with a long buffing cycle and easy wipe off.

Meguiar's chemists and a team of people behind them introduced a couple of real game-changers...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Thanks for sharing your experience with these great two new products, can't even begin to tell you how much easier it makes it for the average person to remove defects like swirls, scratches and etchings out of a clear coat finish faster, with less work and with often times exceptional gloss and clarity.

My pleasure Mike, but you know the easier it gets the less job's I have. Seriously it does seem Meguiars had stepped it up a notch, I look forward to trying more of the new Meg's stuff.
        "Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
        -Mark Twain.

Comment

what pad would you recommend using the swirl x with? 9006 good enough?
          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');