• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay bar can remove that scratch-X doesn't remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay bar can remove that scratch-X doesn't remove?

Yesterday I gave to my black dodge three treatments

1. Scratch-x on all the surface
    2. Polish on all the surface
    3. Nxt wax for all the surface

Now the paint is like a mirror, I could take a brush and comb my hairs. I need to say that I don't never see another so deep black paint. I'm crazy, My Suv was not never so shining neither when it was new.

However a few of contaminants are on the paint's surface. But not too much just a few. I can say that before the three treatments there were more

Well, question is:

Can I use after the next car wash the Clay Bar, and can it remove those contaminants that scracth-x doesn't removed?

Thanks you all

HI Nuccio

Re: Clay bar can remove that scratch-X doesn't remove?

Yes, you can use the clay bar after the next wash. Just don't forget to re-wax afterwards, because the clay bar will remove most of the wax that is already on there.
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Nuccio you can use the clay bar after the next wash, but the problem is that not only will the clay bar remove a lot of the NXT wax you applied, it may also marr the paint and you will need to re-polish the car... this is why you should always clay before polishing.
      Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
      Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Ok thanks

Well the correct sequence is

1.Wash car
        2.use clay bar and

and after the other treatments?Is this correct

Comment

Originally posted by Nuccio View Post
          Ok thanks

Well the correct sequence is

1.Wash car
          2.use clay bar and

and after the other treatments?Is this correct
          Wash
          Clay
          Polish
          Protect

That's the simplest process
          Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

@ Ivan

Excuse me

Which is the meaning of ''marr the paint''

I try to search on a dictionary but I don't see nothing

Comment

@ Ivan

Excuse me

Which is the meaning of ''marr the paint''

I try to search on a dictionary but I don't see nothing
              That's when you move the clay bar across the paint surface and it catches a dry part of the paint, leaving a small 'defect' that is easily remove by polishing... many clay bars aren't aggressive enough to do this 'damage' but many of the others are so be careful
              Chicago, Illinois

Comment

@ Ok Thanks

Now I understand

I may use Meguiar's clay bar. This shouldn't be too much aggressive?

Comment

however Doesn't scracth-x remove this contaminants?

Only clay bar can removes contaminats

Comment

@ Ok Thanks

Now I understand

I may use Meguiar's clay bar. This shouldn't be too much aggressive?
                    If you use the Smooth Surface Clay Bar from Meg's then you should be fine as it's a very fine clay bar...

however Doesn't scracth-x remove this contaminants?

Only clay bar can removes contaminats
                    Scratch-x removes paint and swirl marks or scratches... it CAN remove some of these contaminants, but if it does it's bad because you might be using those contaminants to polish your paint... this means you will simply create more damage when you're trying to do the opposite...

Clay bar the entire car until it's clean and smooth, then proceed to polish.
                    Chicago, Illinois

Comment

Ok thanks

I've understand very good

You have a big knowledge of car cleaning. An in U.s. you have by meguiar in particular way, 'cause this is only that I know, some of the best products of the world.

Here in Italy, nobody know what are contaminatns.

For years and years I tryed to remove those contaminats with wax and other products. nothing.

No one coachbuilder said to me something about clay bar.

He only said: Have you got contaminants on the paint's surface? One time for year I give abrasive paste on the paint's surface to remove them, and polishing to follow.

The cost 200$.

Well now every time that I Wonna remove them, I can remove them, without 200$.

Thanks Ivan

Best regards

Comment

Ok thanks

I've understand very good

You have a big knowledge of car cleaning. An in U.s. you have by meguiar in particular way, 'cause this is only that I know, some of the best products of the world.

Here in Italy, nobody know what are contaminatns.

For years and years I tryed to remove those contaminats with wax and other products. nothing.

No one coachbuilder said to me something about clay bar.

He only said: Have you got contaminants on the paint's surface? One time for year I give abrasive paste on the paint's surface to remove them, and polishing to follow.

The cost 200$.

Well now every time that I Wonna remove them, I can remove them, without 200$.

Thanks Ivan

Best regards
                        Glad to help. Where are you in Italy?

I lived in small city called Savigliano (near Torino) for about 2 months years ago... can't wait to visit, or maybe even more back in the future!
                        Chicago, Illinois

Comment

I'm living in Trieste on the east cost of the northern italy. (near Venezia)do you know?

You are from Chicago is it real?
                          If maybe in the future I will come to Chicago, I will pass to your ''Lustr Auto detailing'' to wash my dodge nitro

Comment

I'm living in Trieste on the east cost of the northern italy. (near Venezia)do you know?

You are from Chicago is it real?
                            If maybe in the future I will come to Chicago, I will pass to your ''Lustr Auto detailing'' to wash my dodge nitro
                            Yes I'm from Chicago. I'm originally from ex-Yugoslavia (near Sarajevo) and lived in Italy while in 4th grade but moved here about 15 years ago now...

Definitely stop by if you're ever here haha
                            Chicago, Illinois

Comment

Oh sarajevo yes I know

Trieste is a Bordeline city with slovenia

So I go often to Slovenia and Croatia to the sea, and speak a few of slovenia, croatian and russian languages

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');