• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TechWax Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechWax Question

From what I've read so far it seems TechWax is best for darker colored paints. My '04 A4 is silver on body and wheels and some of the articles imply this wax will darken the paint a little. I'm not sure I want that kind of effect even if the shine is the best ever. Any comments?

I don't think it will darken the paint to the extremes...Maybe Mike, or someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon.
    Last edited by rusty bumper; Mar 19, 2004, 09:00 AM.
    r. b.

Comment

Tech Wax

I used tech wax on my 2002 4runner which is silver. I just bought it a couple of months ago. I had applied GC to it and was happy. Then I found this site and I bought the tech wax. I highly recommend it for silver paint. My 4runner was gray...now it is SILVER! It actually made the flakes in the paint come to life. It didn't darken my paint. It is a beautiful silver now. I also own a 2001 Tundra that I just applied tech wax last weekend to. It is gray. I washed with NXT car wash ( which is fantastic by the way) then I clayed with QD to remove tree sap and anything else stuck to my paint, next was a coat of polish with DC #2, Then I put a coat of Tech Wax. I plan to add another coat this weekend. I did the same steps on my 4runner. I now have two coats of wax on the 4runner. I think this wax is great. The water rolls off with the greatest of ease when I wash it. That is one place I noticed a real difference...it made it so easy to wash. I also used Gold Class Trim Detailer on the black plastic, fender flares, bumpers. I even used the GCTD on my nurf bars that have been sprayed with bed liner material. This stuff was wonderful on them. It is easy to spread on because it is thick instead of spray like I was using in the past. They look brand new! I also used Endurance on the tires.

I had two people see my trucks and tell me that I should be doing this professionally.

Comment

I agree with rdarwa. It won't darken silver at all. My chrome silver 350Z came to life with a lot more reflectivity after using Tech Wax. I would think that the Audi clear coat would respond the same. Claybar your A4. Then if you have any other road grime, use a polish. Then apply Tech Wax and you will have one smoove, shiny auto.See my silver Z here

Comment

it is great on silver.it darkened the paint a bit but in a good way it made the mettalic pop.and the car wash is amazing tons of suds and the wash mit glides so effortlesly over the paint.

Comment

To Keo

Did you use the techwax on your wheels too?

Comment

I didn't use the tech wax on the wheels. I think today I will try it.

Comment

ardarwa,
                Did you say you used Gold Class wax before? Did you like it well? I've read that it is great and that water sheets off the surface really well. Have you had this experience with that?? Thanks

Slats

P.S. Sounds like you and I love the same products, Trim Detailer and Endurance -- they are great!
                -------------
                John 17:3
                -------------

Comment

Tech Wax

Slats,

I used the Gold Class before I made the switch to Tech Wax. The Gold Class was nice, but the Tech Wax is AWESOME. The silver has come "alive" in my paint. The water beads off better. We had rain for several days in a row. I didn't drive anywhere and the 4runner still look great. The paint is very slick. It makes washing it so easy. With the NXT wash, the soap just glides across the surface. The Tech Wax is the best. I love what it did for my 4runner.

Comment

i used tech wax on my bright silver metallic rims and it looked awsome trying to get as many coats on before the summer comes.give it a try you will like it

Comment

Re: TechWax Question

i used nxt wax on my new mx5 roadster, it came up fantastic. It's hard not to just sit there and go over the lines.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');