• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will NXT remove any previous products used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will NXT remove any previous products used?

I was wondering if the NXT tech wax removes any previous waxes that I have used. The reason I ask is I have a product that I use that really helps in hiding swirls that I like to put down first and then put a coat of NXT on top of that to even further hide swirls and give it that deep shine and protection that NXT provides. If NXT removes it though than I would be wasting my time and product putting it down first. Also I have one other question. I just got this ST focus and it is a pretty fun little car but the color on it is impulse red which is a non metallic bright red color. The car is only about a month and a half old and I am noticing alot more swirls and clearcoat imperfections than I did with my toredor red (dark red metallic) explorer paint. Could this be because the paint does not have that metallic feature to it and it is so bright. I only notice these problems in direct sunlight.

Thanks in Advance

Kevin

Hi there welcome to the board.

NXT does have some slight cleaning action that will remove some other products. The purpose of the cleaner is to prep the surface for the wax to promote a better bond. If you apply the NXT lightly with minimal pressure that should minimize removal of the other products.

Regarding the red Focus, were the swirls present when you purchased the vehicle? The red nonmetallic will have more depth and show imperfections more readily. How have you maintained the Focus? Hand wash or machines. Every time we wash a car we instill more marring to the surface. It's our job to use the right materials to minimize this from occurring. Eventually the surface will have to be polished to remove the wash marks and other blemishes.

Do some searches on the forum for washing techniques. The 2 bucket method is pretty standard around here and most other detailing forums.

Good luck!

Comment

Here's a start

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Comment

I am a long time wash my car each week guy. I use the NXT wash, use a microfiber hand mit and then dry with microfiber towels. There was some there when I purchased it. It just seems that no matter what I do I cant get rid of it. I even took it to my local detailer and had him cut, polish, then apply wax to the hood. He did this using a rotary buffer and still have the problem. The nxt has done a good job of hiding it a little in direct sunlight. If it removes some of previous cleaner than doesnt it defeat the purppose of 2 coats? Also my detailer suggested layering coats of pure carnuba paste wax as a final step to minimize imperfections by filling them in. Would this affect the NXT. Also would the NXT be considered more of a sealant or wax?

Kevin
        Last edited by kev4bama; Feb 13, 2005, 10:48 AM.

Comment

The 2 coats is more to ensure even coverage over the entire surface than having two coats (layers) of wax. Most members will use a polish then top with NXT. The finished result outweighs the amount of polish removed with the NXT.

Topping NXT or any sealant/polymer wax with carnauba is alway an option left open to experimenting and the individual. Some say they see no improvement of topping NXT others report better results.

NXT does have some swirl removal properties. I recall a post from a while ago that addressed this topic. I'll dig around and try to find it.

Big props for you on your wash habits and materials. I hate to say it but even with the right polishes and technique there's only some much that can be repaired. WE haven't tried everything yet so we'll see with your Focus.

Comment

I've found the post but it's from another board. I can PM the link if you'd like.

Comment

that would be great !

Comment

I've done several side-by-side tests where I apply #7 or #81 polish under NXT alongside just NXT. In every test the side polished first had a wetter shine. So if NXT removes some of the polish it is only a slight amount.
                Jim
                My Gallery

Comment

Thanks jfelbab !

I appreciate the info!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');