• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC QD @Costco...new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC QD @Costco...new?

The other day while in Costco(wholesale store) I noticed that they not only had 1.25 gallons of GC wash for $7.98, but also had the new formula of GC wax packaged with a 24 oz GC QD for $11.99. I got both.

Is the GC QD a new product or another QD relabeled? I would guess that it is new, but I have only used it once. I searched on Meguiar's website, but found nothing. Upon my initial use, I prefer it to the NXT, quik detailer, and #34. Pretty bold statement I know so let me say again, these are my *initial* thoughts.

Nice find.
    I didn't know they made gold class wash in 1.25 gallons.

Comment

It wasn't the Interior Quick Detailer?

Comment

^ Definitely not, this is a QD for paint. I used it last night, awesome.

Comment

So they snuck another new product in on us? This makes 5 QD's ? Maroon bottle, FI, LT, NXT, GC.

Comment

I gotta get me a Costco membership. BJ's used to have Meguiar's QD in the gallon size, but they don't have it anymore. As a matter of fact, their car care section is the pits now.

Just venting.

Say, does anyone know if Costco ever has any promotion similar to Sam's like coupon for free membership for a day?
            Last edited by termigator69; Feb 17, 2005, 09:16 PM.
            Too much of a good thing is even better!

Comment

All you have to do is go to the desk at Costco, and they will give you a one day shopping pass. At least they did that 2 or 3 years ago. It's a "trial membership" or something like that.

Comment

It's always worth a try. Then I can also see if they have the stuff or not.

Comment

Anyone else seen it or know anything about it?

Comment

Just to clear a few thoughts up here...

The combo pack of Gold Class Wax and Gold Class Spray Detailer that you are referring to is available only through Costco. It is the same 16 ounce Gold Class that you will find in any other store, and the Gold Class Spray Detailer , which is 24 ounces, is a new formula.

The best way to describe Gold Class Spray Detailer...It is a combination of Quik Detailer with some of the "slickness" attributes of Speed Detailer. This is a promo package that only Costco will have for this year.

I do believe you will find the retail price at approx. $12.00 for both. Here's a photo of the Costco combination...

I hope this helps.

Mike
                    Mike Pennington
                    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                    Meguiar's, Inc.
                    800-854-8073
                    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

No GC QD + Paste GC Wax combo?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Pennington
                        Just to clear a few thoughts up here...

The combo pack of Gold Class Wax and Gold Class Spray Detailer that you are referring to is available only through Costco. It is the same 16 ounce Gold Class that you will find in any other store, and the Gold Class Spray Detailer , which is 24 ounces, is a new formula.

The best way to describe Gold Class Spray Detailer...It is a combination of Quik Detailer with some of the "slickness" attributes of Speed Detailer. This is a promo package that only Costco will have for this year.

I do believe you will find the retail price at approx. $12.00 for both. Here's a photo of the Costco combination...

I hope this helps.

Mike
                        Thanks for the info!! Helps a lot.

I find that the new GC is slicker than the NXT "speed detailer" if that is in fact what you were referring to. Then again, I have only used it once......

Thanks again!!!

Comment

$12.00 for both!!!!!!!!!!!

I pay £12.99 for the Gold Class thats $24.55

& £6.99 for the QD thats $13.21, so to get both would be $37.76

3 times the price

I'm coming to Florida on 2 March, think i'll be doing some serious shopping, now wheres that big suitcase?

Comment

Mike Pennington,
                            Any chance any other Wholesale clubs or retail stores will be stocking the GC QD?

ebpcivicsi,
                            Nice find, to bad there is no costco close to me.

Eroc
                            Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
                              Mike Pennington,
                              Any chance any other Wholesale clubs or retail stores will be stocking the GC QD?

Eroc
                              Mike Pennington is out of the office until Monday, February 28th, but I'll answer for him. The Gold Class Liquid Wax and Gold Class Spray Detailer is an special bundle for Costco and the Gold Class Spray Detailer is an exclusive formula by their request.

AT this time I am not aware of this product bundle being offered in any other wholesale club or retail store.

Mike
                              Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');