• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Quik Detailer change formulas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Quik Detailer change formulas?

I just got my order of QD that I placed at the fun day in Irvine a month or so ago and the new bottles produce a product that seems to be different from the old bottles that I bought at Pep Boys a few months back.

The liquid seems a bit more watery and the smell isn't the same. My old bottles smelled awesome and the odor was very strong (it would quickly fill the garage in minutes). The new QD only smells like that if I put my nose up to the bottle.

Any ideas?
    Keep the Shiny Side Up!

I am not aware of any changes to Meguiar's Quik Detailer formula. As you probably know, we go through quite a bit of this product with our Saturday Detailing classes and to date we have never experienced any problems.

Did you shake it first before using it?

It's approximately 5:40pm as I type this and Tom McDonald has gone home, but I'll e-mail him the link to this thread and when he arrives to work tomorrow I can assure you he will look into this matter and report his findings.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike -

Yes, I shook it very well and it still seems like it's very effective. It just has a slightly different consistency to it and it doesn't smell as good as the last bottle.
      Keep the Shiny Side Up!

Comment

If you're in doubt about the quality, call Customer Care at 1-800-347-5700 and discuss with them, they'll take care of you.

So far, I haven't heard that there has been any changes to the formula.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike -

Sorry, perhaps my post was miscontstrued.

The product still works very well. I'm very, very happy with that.

I just miss the really good smell filling my garage and was just really curious if the formula changed or perhaps I got a weird bottle.
          Keep the Shiny Side Up!

Comment

CJ, is the car still looking good? I told a friend about the "ride" and he is pretty jealous.
            Quadruple Honda Owner
            Black cars are easy!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');