• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NXT product is best for exterior plastic & vinyl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which NXT product is best for exterior plastic & vinyl?

Hi everybody

Thanks for all of the great info & tips.

I'm looking for a bit of advice. Which product would everyone recommend for the exterior plastic / vinyl surfaces such as bumper covers, rocker panels, etc. Tech wax or Tech Portectant or something else?

Thanks,

Glenn

Tech Wax for anything that's painted, including plastic bumper covers. For other surfaces, like rubber, the Tech Protectant would probably be the best.

RamAirV1
    2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

The Gold Class Exterior Trim Protectant (I think it is either Protectant or Detailer) could work well for you as also.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Glenn

Comment

Tech protectant on all nonpainted surfaces. This stuff is great and very versatile. It is the best dressing that I have ever used, and I have used them all.
          Bama

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
            For other surfaces, like rubber, the Tech Protectant would probably be the best.

RamAirV1

You can use this product on the exterior???

Comment

what product would be good for restoring black exterior textured plastic that has turned white?

Comment

I would go with the Gold CLass Exterior Trim Detailer. ( The bottle with the truck on it). People see mot be getting good results with it.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by atticdog
                  what product would be good for restoring black exterior textured plastic that has turned white?
                  As pointed out, you could use either Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer or #38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel. Both work extremely well though I tend to favor the #38.

In either case, apply the product making sure to completely and fully cover the trim pieces. Allow the product to sit on the trim for a few minutes. Then wipe off thoroughly with a dedicated MF towel. You will be amazed at how well the above products work!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

ok thanks
                    I was gonna try Tech Protectant because i had it but ill try to pick up one of those 2

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                      As pointed out, you could use either Meguiar's Gold Class Trim Detailer or #38 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel. Both work extremely well though I tend to favor the #38.

Tim
                      These products work very well and will get your trim back into shape. Once you have the trim back into shape, you could use Tech Protect to keep it maintained after each wash.
                      Bama

Comment

I tried the NXT cockpit shine on my exterior parts with little success. I had alot of running/streaking. If I went over it once with a dry cloth the plastic parts just seemed to absorb the nxt.

It does seem to work alot better on my interior parts though.
                        90 Honda Civic Turbo/ZC

Comment

If the white stain on the trim is not so stubborn, you can remove it just with NXT protectant. I feel that it has more cleaning power than several other protectants.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');