• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend detail

Hey all,
    First off, let me say that I know this is worthless without pics, but all of my cameras are busted at the moment! Anyway, detailed my black mustang this weekend. Here is what I did:
    - wash with Gold Class
    - clay treatment (embarrassed to say the clay came up brown on certain sections
    )
    - another wash with GC
    - ColorX with my PC on 4.5
    - one layer of NXT cured for over an hour due to high humidity

The results are so much better than I anticipated, the black exploding with richness and depth. I plan on working my wifes Windstar over with the same process, but instead of one coat of NXT, I'll use two and top that with Deep Crystal Carnuba because this vehicle is stored outside.

Thanks to Mike Phillips and this forum for my detailing education
    Lee

Hey darkhorse - sounds like you're happy with your results What are your thoughts about washing after claying? DOes it make a significant difference. You said the clay was brown. I guess you washed to be sure any loose residue was sure to be removed.

How do you like the colorX? I've never used it but from what I understand, it is a cleaner/polish. I use DC1 then DC2. It sounds like ColorX is a bit more aggressive than DC1, but what about it's polishing capabilities?

Comment

Hey Philly,
      Yeah, I am very pleased with the results. The ColorX works great, but I think it is more of a cleaner/wax than cleaner /polish (Mike, feel free to correct to if I am wrong). It was very easy to remove also. I have the complete DC system before and it too works great. The ColorX removed some small swirls I had in the finish, But I think I need to hit with DACP or swirl remover to get them all. As far as the wash after clay, I wanted to make sure I didn't leave any clay residue behind (I used lots of lube, but I wanted to be sure). I was really surprised at how much embedded dirt I had in the finish, but now it is smooth as glass .
      Lee

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');