• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT observations

I have been using mostly NXT & recently the booster wax for over a month now. I washed the car again today (Gold Class Wash), and while the rinse water didn't bead, and the sheeting was extremely slow, the finish still looked awesome, and was very smooth when I dried it with a MF.

Interesting, very little beading or sheeting, yet the car dries off beautifully (no water spot even if it dries on its own), the finish is still as deep and wet as ever, and the surface is like glass. THere must be something still on the paint for it to be so smooth and resistant to water spotting.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Interesting, with a month on my NXT it still sheets the water off quite fast when I use the hose with out and sprayer. I agree with you on the look, it sure holds on a month later it seems I still have the same depth and shine I did on day one with NXT.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Don,I noticed the same thing. How often do you use the booster wax?

Last week the water sheeted off very quickly. The only product I used after that was Final Detail. When I washed the car yesterday the rinse water flowed off the surface very slowly and there were flat droplets left behind all over the hood, roof, and trunk.

NXT is the only car wash I've used since I got the car.

True to form, after I washed the car it got rained on today, and the rain drops did form tight, almost round beads in contrast to the rinse water.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I've used the booster wax 3 or 4 timesin the past few weeks. I applied another coat of NXT today, but this time, I really rubbed it in.

I used a finishing pad on the PC at '4,' it seemed to go on a lot easier this time than it has before. It will be interesting to see if rubbing in like I did will make a difference.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');