• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratch X v.s. 3M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch X v.s. 3M

I have a 1997 mustang, and my headlights were yellow as anything, until i used 3M plastic cleaner on them and it took of some of the yellow, i was pretty happy with the results. But, i wouldl ike to get my headlights as clear as possible ( everyone who has mustangs without the cobra headlights knows what im talking about ) I was just wondering if the Meguiars Scratch X would do a better job at "unyellowing" my headlights? Thanks for any replies

I would suggest

I have had great results with this.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

No scratchx is for paint. If you are wanting to clean the plastic headlight use plastx. The number for it is G-12310. This cleans and polishes headlights wonderfully. I even used it on my instrument cluster platic for some minor scratches. It looks so clear now it looks like it isn't there. I bought the vehicle used and it also had some black marker marks on the headlight and tail light...these are gone now! I would highly recommend plastx. I have heard people have had great results with taking out the yellow from there headlights with it.

Comment

whoops. lol sry, i meant plastic-X

Comment

Yep, and if Plast X doesn't do it, maybe the Novus polishes will, I'm thinking you'll only need #1 and 2
          Last edited by Bill D; Apr 28, 2004, 08:10 AM.
          my product collection-- New !
          My Detailing Credo
          Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');