• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Master of the Rotary...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master of the Rotary...

Any guess as to the identity of the Buff Master in this picture?

Take a shot! I'll add another pic soon to help clear things up. By the way - The picture may or may NOT be rotated...!

Kevin Brown
    NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

I'd have to guess Joe at Superior Shine, because of the larger backing plate with the 6.5" pads. He's the only person I know that does that.
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Hey Kevin,

I also guess it is Joe from the larger backing plate and the spacer used between the buffer and the pad.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

You are right!

Very keen eye... In fact, I didn't know that Joe used the big plate on the small pad. Further, it didn't even dawn on me that was the case in the photo.

Upon his arrival I kind of recommended that he use that same set-up I was (big plate on the W7006 small pad), so that the pad would stay flat and have less give. He said that's what he uses! Then we agreed that we didn't like a small backing plate on a big pad. Not accurate enough... Too much give.

Here's the other picture. To clarify, the picture is rotated 90 degrees... This is a reflection of Joe working on the Sinister Six, passenger rear quarter panel (Even though only one person can sit in the car!). I can't upload the original photo right now... For some reason I'm having some trouble...

Kevin Brown

Comment

Since you never saw this Joe... Here it is!
          Kevin Brown

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
            Hey Kevin,

I also guess it is Joe from the larger backing plate and the spacer used between the buffer and the pad.

Tim
            I think I get the larger backing plate/pad thing (even pressure???), but why the spacer?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');