• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you tried your products on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you tried your products on?

I have been curious on this for sometime but Marvinj's post (#80 and my air conditioner) on polishing up his home air conditioner made me think what other strange things have you used your Meguiars products on? Anything, if it was just testing, a full detail whatever the case.

Here are a few for starters:
    - My Air Compressor - Full Detail Cleaner/polish/wax/dressings/polished copper lines
    - Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink - Polished with NXT Metal Polysh
    - Stainless Steel Cup Holder things for the living room - Polished with NXT Metal Polysh
    - Most Recent an old copper bottom pot - testing out NXT Metal Polysh and Gold Class All Metal Restorer
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Re: What have you tried your products on?

Originally posted by gb387
    I have been curious on this for sometime but Marvinj's post (#80 and my air conditioner) on polishing up his home air conditioner made me think what other strange things have you used your Meguiars products on? Anything, if it was just testing, a full detail whatever the case.

Here are a few for starters:
    - My Air Compressor - Full Detail Cleaner/polish/wax/dressings/polished copper lines
    - Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink - Polished with NXT Metal Polysh
    - Stainless Steel Cup Holder things for the living room - Polished with NXT Metal Polysh
    - Most Recent an old copper bottom pot - testing out NXT Metal Polysh and Gold Class All Metal Restorer
    I think someone has been sniffing a little too much of MPPC over the years!

Yea..I too have tried polishes, waxes etc on all kinds of stuff: Deck rails, range hood, stove top, shower, tub, front and rear house doors, the counters, the kitchen table (wife did not like that one as everything kept sliding off! Oops! ) etc...

So Brandon, you are not the only one that does "crazy" things! LOL!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I use NXT to polish my wedding ring!

Alex
      Mandarina Racing

Comment

I used PlastX and then ScratchX on my reading glasses. No change with the PlastX and minimal improvement with the ScratchX.

I used PlastX on my Plantronix phone. Worked great.

I haven't looked for more exotic uses, but I'll be reading the forum here to get ideas and keep Meguiar's in mind as I do my routine house and yard cleaning.

I forgot. I detailed a Garden Gazing Ball. I have one made of metal and painted purple. It was a bit dull when I bought it as it had been in my neighborhood garden center for years. I finally took it off the guy's hands for a song.

I washed it with gold class, clayed it, then put on polish and wax. The paint is very thin and it doesn't have a clear coat, but it looked better than when I started.
        Last edited by Godiva; Mar 21, 2006, 10:19 AM.
        It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

I use plastix quite often, it has tons of uses. Ipod scratches, glasses etc.

Comment

Well so far I've only done my Computer tower but I'm always thinking something else to detail..lol

Comment

just finnished colourxing the wash machine
              Last edited by sneek; Mar 19, 2006, 08:27 AM.
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                just finnished colourxing the wash machine
                My washer and dryer are my test bed as well! I probably have the shiniest washer/dryer around!
                Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

I use it on my Ariens Snowblower and Toro lawn mower, next my Troy Bilt Tiller and weed wacker
                  3500 Dually Member # 252 and Damn proud of it
                  2005 Chevy Dually Duramax w/Automatic
                  6X6 (rear tires are dual)
                  Crew Cab / Long Bed / LT3 Package
                  enough power to pull the old guy
                  from the P!ss Pot
                  2005 Keystone Sprinter 303BHS
                  1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
                  1978 Pontiac Lemans Safari
                  1992 Chevy 4X4 S-10 Blazer
                  1995 Harley FLTCU
                  2005 Harley FLHTCUI (converted to Lehman Trike)

Comment

has anyone used any of the waxes on a sink or toilet?? Black to be exact? Just remodeled my bathroom and man, black looks crazy after a few uses on the sink, etc.

Yndio
                    Yea, I'm a red hot beaner!!

Comment

I did my stainless steel gas grill with NXT Metal Polysh.

The "brushed" texture was problematic, but the overall results were excellent.
                      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
                        I did my stainless steel gas grill with NXT Metal Polysh.

The "brushed" texture was problematic, but the overall results were excellent.
                        I did the same thing and I too found polishing it was a little problematic. Took a very long time to get it looking good lots of streaks and smears... and It was very clean when I stated polishing. Not sure I will do it again too much work by hand.
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');