• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got rear ended today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got rear ended today

My first car-car accident ever. The only other road accident I had before was hitting a deer 9 years ago.

Roads were very slippery and many people (including me) were back to regular tires instead of winter ones, but nature decided to play one last trick after 2 weeks of temps over 10C before allowing spring to finally set in.

I had FINALLY found a way to stop my car (the black one in my avatar) at a stop sign. Someone behind me was not so lucky and I couldn't accelerate to get out of there since I had no traction. BANG

Since my car is small, I probably felt the impact much greater than it really was. The other car's airbags didn't inflate.

The apparent damage isn't much, my bumper cover is to be replaced/repaired. I'm afraid of what might be found under it, being such a small car.

Oh well, at least nobody got hurt and I have insurance. I pay them good money, they better have it repaired flawless. BTW, the car still runs great, it's only that I know about that cover's defect now and I can't forget it.

From now on, I'll follow the forecast more closely and when there is mention of possible snow the next day, I'll fetch my white car with its studded tires.

I just felt like writing about it.

That's a darn shame, but at least you're not hurt physically.

I definitely appreciate how that feeling of getting damage done to the car won't go away. As I've learned/tried to remind myself...things happen and we're only around for a short period of time. Let the insurance pay for it and make 'em do it right!

Best of luck
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Sorry to hear. At least you are ok.

Since I can walk to school, I don't drive my car in the rain. Haven't driven it since last Thursday.
      /Keith
      2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');