• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can'tFindPostThatRefersToBuffingOffWax (like don't overwipe selfconsciously-it'sbad?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can'tFindPostThatRefersToBuffingOffWax (like don't overwipe selfconsciously-it'sbad?)

I was wondering were I saw a post a long time ago that Mike P. said just buff off the wax once it's dried and do not wipe the same area over again cause....there was a reason that I forgot. Like the molecules need to set up and it disturbs them or something and you possibly won't get the best possible look if you do over wipe. Can anyone help me with this?

not quite, I remember people were saying for the best possible appearance for the 2nd coat, don't apply it till a week and avoid water. I think it said also don't use a qd until you're finish applying the 2 coats and after waiting a week er so then you can. Well I mean you can always use a qd after waxing n stuff but I heard it still will not let the molecules settle if you keep having your mf come in contact with the finish without removing anything. It was a very interesting post and I just wanted to read it again. also had to do with the amount of time to wait before applying a 2nd thin coat of wax.

Comment

i find that when you wax, you dont need to agressively scrub to wipe on or of, this is a final step and you could easily introduce light scratches

Comment

(Almost 2 months later) I found it accidentally today browsing through the Hot Topics section: NXT Cure Time

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');