• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you pay $9000 for a car wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pay $9000 for a car wash?

Apparantly some people will

Can't believe that it lasts a year!

I think this http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...threadid=12541 is basically the same (but with a video instead of an article).

I wouldn't pay for it (now) - but I can imagine that the rich & famous are willing to get this exclusive car care service just because they can afford it.

On the other hand - the wax costs £7000 but I believe you get a lifelong refilling. So if you're seriously into the detailing business and you can afford it - maybe it's even cheaper than buying new detailing waxes from other manufacturers.

Like someone said in the other thread - if you're driving a car around that costs like $400,000 would you use a $13 product on it?
    showroomglaze.net

Comment

On the other hand - the wax costs £7000 but I believe you get a lifelong refilling. So if you're seriously into the detailing business and you can afford it - maybe it's even cheaper than buying new detailing waxes from other manufacturers.
      You get lifetime refills, but I believe you only get one refill a year, so I don't think it ever really becomes economically feasible to buy this wax unless you can charge so much for the detail as to make it worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by kpagel
        You get lifetime refills, but I believe you only get one refill a year, so I don't think it ever really becomes economically feasible to buy this wax unless you can charge so much for the detail as to make it worth it.
        Actually, the refills are unlimited. I'm not sure where this "once a year" rumor got started. There is a three week turnaround time and you have to pay the shipping both ways (the empty container has to be sent in).

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyc
          Actually, the refills are unlimited. I'm not sure where this "once a year" rumor got started. There is a three week turnaround time and you have to pay the shipping both ways (the empty container has to be sent in).
          Hmm... thats interesting to know, I've always heard that its only once a year. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by madsekci
            I think this http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...threadid=12541 is basically the same (but with a video instead of an article).
            Sorry for the double post and thanks for the video! Fifth Gear is one of my favourite TV programs.

Comment

didn't one of the guys used to be on Top gear?
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');