• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing logs

Does anyone keep a detailing log for their vehicle?

I just started one for the new 'stang.
    I list the date, products used and the work done.

I've had the car for three days... three entries so far!

The last 2 days have been rain and drizzle... so the new 'Stang is in the garage and I am driving my son's 2001 'Stang while he has my truck.
    Last edited by DaGonz; May 3, 2006, 06:43 PM.
    Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

nope
    i know that i am always using M80 or M09 so i don't really need to keep a log
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I saw this done at a Mustang show in Connecticut last year. The owner of a 40th anniversary 2004 Mustanfg GT had his window sticker and a complete detailing, fue and maintenance log for his car.

He was beyond car crazy... he was downright insane! :colgleam
      Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!

Comment

Re: Detailing logs

Originally posted by Gonzo0903
        Does anyone keep a detailing log for their vehicle?

I just started one for the new 'stang.
        I list the date, products used and the work done.

I've had the car for three days... three entries so far!
        I tried to do that in an excel sheet but usually I do lots of things in between the detailing job and the time I get behind my computer so I tend to forget keeping it up-to-date.

I do have a maintenance log on paper for oil changes etc. so I might try to duplicate that one and change it into a detailing log and keep it in my car.

Can you scan your log? just to get an idea how you arranged it.
        showroomglaze.net

Comment

while I had nothing on my hands a bit earlier, I created this in excel:

For those who are interested, you can download the excel sheet here

(right click -> save target as..)
          showroomglaze.net

Comment

I keep a log in Excel.... I don't list everything such as washes but I do list when I apply wax/cleaner/polish. I list the miles and date, makes it easy to see the last time I waxed my truck.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I keep a log in excel for all my cars that I detail, I don't detail each wash or "detail touch up" but I do log all the makor ones. logging in date, work performed, products used, pc speeds and other methods of application

Comment

Liek the plumber with a leaky faucet, because I am always doing someone elses car, mine suffers. The only benefit is that sometimes mine get worked on while I am doing someone elses.

What can I say.......(hangs head in shame)

Comment

I am afraid to start one. My wife tells me I spend too much time on the autos as it is, but she doesn't mind driving a shiny car all the time!!!

Comment

I keep a log too, for all sorts of reasons (durability of my LSPs, what happens to vehicles and what it takes to fix it, how much time I spend on this stuff, etc. etc.).

When I got my '84 RX-7 last fall it came with a complete, highly detailed log of *everything* since the day it was delivered. Every tank of gas, ever wiperblade, every detail, *everything*. Gave me great peace of mind, seeing how much effort the previous owner put into just *documenting* the work, let alone *doing* it in the first place.
                    Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I hate detailing logs. My microfibers always get snagged on the bark.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
                        I hate detailing logs. My microfibers always get snagged on the bark.

PC.
                        ROTFLMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by inthedetails
                          Liek the plumber with a leaky faucet, because I am always doing someone elses car, mine suffers. The only benefit is that sometimes mine get worked on while I am doing someone elses.

What can I say.......(hangs head in shame)
                          Same here. I actually had to take mine to a coin op yesterday because it looked so bad and I didn't have time to wash it (don't worry...the only thing I used the brush on was my wheels).

LOL PC!!
                          Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                          Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                          2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia
                            Same here. I actually had to take mine to a coin op yesterday because it looked so bad and I didn't have time to wash it (don't worry...the only thing I used the brush on was my wheels).

LOL PC!!
                            its also good for the underbody
                            Patrick Yu
                            2003 Honda Accord
                            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');