• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Thanks!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Thanks!!

To EVERYONE involved in setting up the East Coast Detailing classes!

I'm no detailing master, by any means, but thanks to that class I worked a partial miracle last night.

Our shop owner had taken a customer's car out for a short road test and came across an unfortunate retread in the middle of I-695 (the Baltimore Beltway) ... Returned to find the tread had scrapped up the paint just below the rear passenger-side door. It also gouged a chunk out of the rim and a slice out of the paint.

I was running camera on the dyno when all I heard was "Jenn, can you fix this?"

Heck, I couldn't possibly make it worse... Ran back to my "tub o' stuff" and brought out all I had to work with...

1) Turtle Wax heavy rubbing compound
    2) Turtle Wax light rubbing compound
    3) Scratch-X
    4) #9
    5) Duffle bag of towels and applicators. (The area didn't lend itself to my Walmart-brand buffer.)

After about 45mins on the two foot section, I had worked out all the scratches that didn't go below the clear, and most of those that went into the color coat.

The customer was told exactly what happened, so there was no "cover up" ... but the damage wasn't anywhere near as bad as it originally looked.

So, again, BIG THANKS to everyone involved in setting the classes up here in Maryland. It's nice to actually use something I learned!

.. unfortuantely, the last thing on my mind was to grab a camera... you'll just have to take my word for it.
    AIM: PathogenNOS (I'm bored, find me )
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');