• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motor Oil Prices - getting higher and higher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Motor Oil Prices - getting higher and higher?

is the oil filter and everythin still in the front, for a viper?

If i relocate my oil filter it will take 6 quarts
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Ok dumb question....whats the conversion between quarts and litres? Most oils here in australia cost between $15 per 5 litres and $50 per 5 litres.

Trev

Comment

Assuming that you mean US liquid quarts, a quart is 0.94635 liters.
        Also just for fun, a gallon has 4 quarts. And off course a quarts has 32 oz.
        So, if you are buying let say a 32 oz #80 speed glaze, you basically are getting a quart of #80.
        Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

A solution for the higher prices is the 5 quart jugs that some offer. I just switched to Q Advanced Syntheic (Full Syn) and it was a tick under $20 for the 5 quart jug, but I'm not sure if Mobil makes the jugs. Now if we really wanted to talk about a topic, how about oil filters? I use the $3.50 Napa Select, seems to work pretty well.
          "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Originally posted by Deaner5 View Post
            A solution for the higher prices is the 5 quart jugs that some offer. I just switched to Q Advanced Syntheic (Full Syn) and it was a tick under $20 for the 5 quart jug, but I'm not sure if Mobil makes the jugs. Now if we really wanted to talk about a topic, how about oil filters? I use the $3.50 Napa Select, seems to work pretty well.
            Mobil 1 does make the 5 quart jugs and they are cheaper but they do not make all grades in those jugs. I use 5W20 and you have to buy them in single quarts only (or case).

As for Oil filters I just use the Motorcraft only $3 or so... I figure if the manufacture uses them and the dealer uses them they must be ok. Not sure its worth it to get a Mobil 1 or K&N filter at $10 + each. Nothing wrong with a napa filter either.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I use Motorcraft on all my car Ford cars. I have been using them since I started driving in the early 90s.
              2016 Focus ST

Comment

I have cases and cases of it. I stocked up when the Pep Boys calendar had the buy 3 get 3 free coupons.
                Quadruple Honda Owner
                Black cars are easy!

Comment

I have learned to keep Ford, Ford or keep whatever you drive OEM as far as parts go.
                  Wix is very good.
                  MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

K&N is supose to be the bees knees here in australia inregaurds to filters so I don't mind paying the little bit extra for them.

Comment

A Barrel of Oil goes higher and higher, and so goes it with ANYTHING derived from it. Oh, and if gasoline prices happen to be falling in your neck of the woods, don't worry, they'll probably go ballistic right after the current round of U.S. Congressional and Senatorial elections are over.
                      Ben Deutschman
                      http://www.slantsixclub.com
                      http://www.poci.org
                      http://www.1976transam.net
                      http://www.1960plymouthsavoy.com

Comment

Originally posted by sneek View Post
                        is the oil filter and everythin still in the front, for a viper?

If i relocate my oil filter it will take 6 quarts

The 03-06 on cars are super easy to get at the filter up front.

I am embarrased to say what I paid for an oil change today......
                        SRT-10 Silver

Comment

It was time for my 5,000 oil chnage just yesterday. After scouring the southwetern subrubs around here, it was next to impossible to find Mobil1 5-40W. Not to mention 10 quarts of the stuff.

So after wasting my morning away, I went back to autozone and purchased the Castrol Full Synthetic. $60.00 later I had the oil. $6/quart. Unreal, I guess it's just a fact of life now.
                          Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

Here is some very interesting reading about oil filters.

Comment

Originally posted by Older Than Dirt View Post
                              ...I'm pretty sure synthetics start out as crude. ...
                              Some do, some don't. It depends on the manufacturer. The term "synthetic" is rather broad in meaning. It's not just one particular formulation.

In general (but not absolutely) the ones that are synthesized from crude are cheaper than the ones that are purpose-built from simpler molecules.

Originally posted by bencar View Post
                              A Barrel of Oil goes higher and higher, and so goes it with ANYTHING derived from it...
                              True. And products that don't come from crude oil, Mobil 1 for example, are also subject to whatever market forces affect their component compounds.

PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');