• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Care Packages II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care Packages II

We are going to do this again. Operation care package I

Sometime in early Dec. I will send out another shipment of care packages for U.S Troops serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. I am accepting items and donations now. Let me know if your in. If you know of anybody serving in one of these two places let me know so we can get a care package to them.

I could use all kinds of stuff or funds to buy the stuff I have a PayPal account you can use to help with this cause.

PayPal Support
    If you don't live in SoCal but would like to help anyway, then you can help by donating some money, this will either purchase more supplies or pay for shipping the supplies to Iraq, and the more supplies people donate the more it's going to cost to ship, so please consider donating some money to the cause as well. To do this, simply go to www.PayPal.com and click on the Send Money tab and enter Joe's PayPal e-mail address in the appropriate box. If you're a PayPal veteran this is no big deal, if you don't have a PayPal account or have never used PayPal it's really very simple, just create an account on PayPal and go from there. If you need help, shoot me an e-mail or call my cell and I can help you with this.

Joe's PayPal e-mail

joe@superiorshine . com

Note: Remove the spaces between the "dot" in Joe's e-mail address when sending funds via PayPal. If we type the entire e-mail address out as it should read it will turn the e-mail address into an Active Link and Joe doesn't need extra e-mail, the idea is to copy and paste his e-mail address, (without the spaces), into the Recipient's box on PayPal. Hope this makes sense.

They need,

Pre-paid phone cards
    Ready To Eat Tuna or Chicken Salad kits
    Breakfast-type foods and drinks
    Instant & regular coffee, filters, powdered creamer, sugar packets
    Coffee makers, hot plates.
    Instant hot chocolate packets
    Campbell's chunky soups, chicken, beef, etc.
    Fast Food Hot Sauce Packets
    Individual packets of Trail Mix, Beef Jerky, Slim Jim's, peanuts, pretzels, cookies, sunflower seeds and canned nuts
    Canned chips or potato sticks
    Cereal bars, granola bars, Energy Bars
    Pre-sweetened powdered drinks, Kool-Aid, Gatorade
    Lil Debbie snacks, brownies, cakes - no icing.
    Packs of candy, gum, Twizzlers, tootsie rolls, Skittles, sweet tarts

PERSONAL ITEMS & HYGIENE ITEMS:

New Knit Hats and Gloves
    New T-shirts - Large or XL)
    Antibacterial wipes, lotion, sunscreen, travel size toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, shampoo, tissues, Gold Bond powder
    Eye drops (cleaning kind-in plastic bag)
    Small containers of Tylenol, Motrin, Advil
    Band Aids, cough drops, dental floss, combs, chapstick, lip balm, q-tips, nail clippers, disposable razors, shaving cream, toilet paper
    Flip flops/shower shoes Athletes foot creme, foot powder, boot Odor Eaters - no aerosol bottles
    Paper, pens, postcards, envelopes
    Black Shoe Polish
    Feminine products. If your package is for a woman, address the package "Attn: For Female Soldier"

ENTERTAINMENT:

New DVDs, Cd's & players
    Disposable Cameras
    Handheld electronic games
    Puzzle, Word Game & Crossword books
    Beanie Babies for the soldiers to give to kids
    Magazines, local papers, comics, paperbacks - mystery, action, drama, science fiction
    Games, Chess, Checkers, Dominoes, Parcheesi, Yahtze, Uno, Cribbage, Puzzles, Cards, Nerf toys
    Game Boys & games
    Baseballs, footballs, gloves, Frisbees

MISCELLANEOUS

Holiday decorations
    Blank greeting cards
    Wrap around sunglasses
    Film (35 mm)
    Paper Towels, Windex, Laundry Detergent (travel size-powder or cubes(no liquid), Febreze
    Duct tape, Ziploc bags, Styrofoam cups
    Glasses wipes
    Clothespins, Clothesline
    Battery Operated Fans, Misty Mates
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Re: Care Packages II

Lets put a little twist on this shipment.

I want to collect cards from you guys as well. Christmas, thank you, etc...

Fill them out, sign them, include a pic of you and yours if you want.

I will add these to the boxes.

What do you think? Good idea?
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I'm in! Where do I send the stuff.

Thanks for organizing all of this Joe.

P.S. One of the guys in your sig photo is from my hometown.
      Scott

Comment

Hi Joe,

One of our attendees brought some care package guys to one of the recent classes and I've stashed it in the cupboards.

Question: At our local NAPA store they had a larger box with a slot for VHS Movies, DVD's and CD's, would this be something you would want to collect to send over?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great, nice start. That was quick!!

I hear DVDs are very popular.

PM me for my mailing address please or if Mike thinks it is OK maybe you could drop stuff off at Meguiars if that is closer to you.

I wanted to make sure that I add this-

You don't have to be for the war(s) to be for the men and women of our military. I personally wish they weren’t there but like my Grandfather used to say, "If your on the horse you have to ride it."

A care package is just a small token of gratitude.

“COME HOME SOON, COME HOME SAFE!” Semper fi!

Comment

how many are you putting together?
            I am the operations manager for Hershey and can get you plenty. Twizzlers, Hot Cocoa and things that wont melt.
            Email me at jim.stafford@exel.com and let me know and I can get it sent out asap
            http://iceburgh66.tripod.com/sig6.jpg

Comment

Awesome!! THIS IS COMING TOGETHER NICELY.

I have a docs appointment this afternoon. When I return I will answer all the PMs and emails.

Also, shipping date for everything will be Dec 9.

Again, thanks!

Comment

I have everything sitting in my office now.
                Let me know where to ship.
                Thanks

Comment

It's official!

"Support Our Troops Night" at Meguiar’s Garage!

The date is yet to be determined, but we're going to have another Meguiar's Open Garage event to enable our forum friends to bring gifts for our troops to show our support for them during this holiday season.

We also have found a few cans of M16 Professional Paste Wax that were manufactured before 2005 that we're going to auction off to raise money to pay for the shipping cost to send these care packages to Iraq.

So stay tuned, when a date has been determined we'll post it to the homepage.

Thanks Joe for leading up this project!
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

AWESOME!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                      AWESOME!!
                      Jose ,
                      The box already shipped to you....should I put another one to gether and ship it to mike?

Comment

Hey Joe, I still need the address of were to send the stuff to. I PM'd you on the morning of the 15th. Unless it didn't work. I just want to make sure I get it to you in time.

Is the auction of the M16 in person only or are you going to do it on the forum also? Just thinking you'd get more, if more people could bid.
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by iceburgh View Post
                          Jose ,
                          The box already shipped to you....should I put another one to gether and ship it to mike?
                          One box is plenty generous of you and your company!!

Comment

Originally posted by iceburgh View Post
                            Jose ,
                            Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                            Hey Joe, I still need the address of were to send the stuff to. I PM'd you on the morning of the 15th. Unless it didn't work. I just want to make sure I get it to you in time.

Is the auction of the M16 in person only or are you going to do it on the forum also? Just thinking you'd get more, if more people could bid.
                            I will check my PMs and send you my address. For some reason I don't get emailed an alert when someone posts a PM to me.

Comment

Ooof.. I havent been here in a while. Lemme see what I can come up with Joe.
                              ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                              561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                              --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');