• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the So1o pads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the So1o pads...

This is something that I was going to ask at the class last Saturday, but it totally slipped my mind.

Is there any benifit to using the So1o pads with a PC? I understand that the So1o system is designed to use on a fresh paint job, and by a paint shop. But do the So1o pads themselves offer any kind of benifit to me?

Thanks,
    Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Question about the So1o pads...

Originally posted by n737nc View Post
    Is there any benefit to using the So1o pads with a PC?
    I understand that the So1o system is designed to use on a fresh paint job, and by a paint shop. But do the So1o pads themselves offer any kind of benefit to me?

Thanks,
    Nick

No, there is no added benefit to using the Solo pads with a PC. The Diamond cut pattern is primarily to reduce pad chatter or buffer hop when using a rotary buffer. The direct drive action of a rotary buffer together with a 100% flat surface pad can sometimes cause the the buffer to want to hop around, that is move uncontrollably, the diagonal cuts are to help reduce this chatter or hop when they are used with a rotary buffer.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Alrighty then. I was getting ready to order a couple of pads, and just wanted to check.

Thanks Mike!
      2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
      2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        No, there is no added benefit to using the Solo pads with a PC. The Diamond cut pattern is primarily to reduce pad chatter or buffer hop when using a rotary buffer. The direct drive action of a rotary buffer together with a 100% flat surface pad can sometimes cause the the buffer to want to hop around, that is move uncontrollably, the diagonal cuts are to help reduce this chatter or hop when they are used with a rotary buffer.
        Sometimes you see pads that kind of look like the bottom of an egg carton, same idea there?
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
          Sometimes you see pads that kind of look like the bottom of an egg carton, same idea there?
          Yeah, same kind of idea, reduce the surface area during light pressure, evens out with more pressure.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');