• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I use Meguiars (warning long, boring, and sappy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I use Meguiars (warning long, boring, and sappy)

I used to "detail" at a body shop in highschool, which consisted of mostly wool buffing with some jobber products. My father also had a nice collection of cars when I was younger (a then new ZR-1, 1969 Olds 442, '79 Vette with a nitrous injected 406, a 67 Camaro RS/SS) and it was father and son time to go in the garage and polish them up.

I started college and forget about the hours we would spend, rubbing Mother's Mag polish on Cragars and ARE's until our fingers cramped, applying layer after layer of 3M Pink Glaze and protecting it with Meguiars #16 (always applied thickly and never wanting to come off ).

Last year my dad gave me one his trucks, a fully load GMC Jimmy which had been outside for several years (daily driven but not taken care off astheticaly). I had some left over of the Meguiars DC 3 step system and a ROB so I went to work, trying to remember my days as a detailer in highschool.

What I was left with was an amazingly shine and dark, but horribly swirled black paint job. I went online to figure out what was going on (I wasn't aware of Meguiars' terminology of a polish and thought that DC2 was abbrasive). I found this website and made my first post, bitching about how the DC system *****.

Mike Phillips responded (like he always does) and provided me with a list of links. I read through them all and searched all over the forum, arming myself with knowledge. I posted questions and Murr, Mike, and others answered patiently. I looked through and studied the before and after photos in Exterme Makeovers and Show Off sections in this forum. I found other forums and looked around, trying to arm myself with what I have though the best products would be. You guys know, whats your bitten by the bug it mutates into a sickness.

Now, no company makes the 100 percent best products in every single line out there, especially when you consider that a lot of whats "best" is a matter of personal preference. I have used other brand polishes, expensive sealents and sealent systems, different interior car products, ect.... I have drawn this conclusion, a lot of different compaines make some really outstanding products!

So why, after my sampling, do I find 95-99 percent Meguiar's products on my shelf (to which I have dropped over several thousand dollars). This forum, its members, and the fact that I can speak directly to employees and experts and recieve facts and advice play big part. The customer service I have recieved from Meguiar's has been nothing short of outstanding.

But the main reason is because of Mike Phillips. Meguiar's, if you are listening, you have an ace in the hole. Mike has taken the time to explain more stuff to more people and probably is accountable for a good percentage of your market share.

I can go to any number of your competitors and recieve similar products from other great companys but I stick to Meguiars because I feel like I would rather see your company grow and support such stand up people. In the time since I first posted (over a year and half ago I believe) until now, I have started a successful bussiness (on the side), acquired contracts with Central Florida Ferrari, several other dealerships, George Stienbrener, and met some cool people and down amazing cars. I also paid off my credit cards, payed off school and now am saving for medical school (I know with my horrible spelling, you all are wondering how I am going to graduate) all on my extra income.

As my bussiness grows, I like many other "pros", choose to use Meguiar's products and will from here on out. I wanted thank the people at Meguiar's and Mike Phillips, and also the high ups at Meguiar's should thank him also (maybe double his salary) as he more effective then any advertising campaign.

I also attended the Meg's detailing class in Tampa with my father (I think it was in March?) and then went to his house, busted out the rotary and the PC and WE went to work on one of his hotrods. He is older now (10 years from when I was in highschool) and moving a little slower, and with myself being away in college for a while we haven't had much family time. But it was like turning back the clock that day and polishing his Camaro, while BSing and laughing.

Thanks for everything Megs has helped me achieve, and I am proud to be assiocated in a sense with such a great company and a stand up guy.

Thanks again,

Todd
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Re: Why I use Meguiars (warning long, boring, and sappy)

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the kind words, and it's great to read success stories like yours, thank you for sharing. I'm sure your experience with our products reflects, (no pun intended), the experience of many of our forum members and even non-forum members around the world and over the decades.

The reason a majority of people choose and use a particular line of products can be summed up by two reasons,

1 Exceptional results
    2 Consistent results

No one wants to go into a weekend detailing session on their car or a customer's car only to end up with mediocre results. With Meguiar's products, if you choose the right product and use the correct technique, you're almost guaranteed you'll get "wow" results. Of course experience, knowledge and skill play a factor too but that's what we're here for at Meguiar's, to help our customer's be successful when they go out into their garage to work on their car.

Thank you for the kind words, but it's very important to note that here at Meguiar's it's a team effort, there are always people behind the scenes that no one ever sees or hears about whose work enables the people that are seen and heard from to be successful.

Now,from the Tampa, Florida Class, are there any pictures in the thread that you're in?

Meguiar's RoadShow in Tampa Florida!

Taken from page 6 from the above thread...

And I really like the story this pictures tells...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'm sure I speak for a great number of Canadians that are members of this web site. I personnaly agree with the statements about Mike. He is definitely passionate about his work. I only wish his passion would cross the border and we could share in the seminars. Hopefully this will happen?????? Keep up the great work Mike and come visit.
      Keep Smilin' .....
      Fred
      "Every day is a great day; some just better than others"

Comment

Great post TH0001!

Adding to Mikes little list and pointed out in the starting post....

The reason a majority of people choose and use a particular line of products can be summed up by two reasons,

1 Exceptional results
        2 Consistent results
        and for the people on MOL.... 3. Customer Service!

Question for Mike.... if you care to say, how long have your been with Meguiars?
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post

Question for Mike.... if you care to say, how long have your been with Meguiars?
          Compared to some at the company, not very long, compared to a few others, quite a while.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike isn't one ace in the hole; he's a pair of bullets, double ones, the nuts. He da man. The products are great; but they are much better when someone is there to tell you how to use them properly.

Tom
            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

i keep saying wowww.barry allways say we make say wowwww
              wowwww

i also might add
              dammm am in the wrong country.
              alberto gorin
              known as gorin002

Comment

I'm remember pulling up to the gas station at night after a days-worth detail and a man about 60yrs. of age walked up, stared into the hood and said, "Woooow, you MUST use Meguiar's! ....wait, they don't make these anymore, how OLD is this??"

Right there, we had an understanding. Since then, I found out that he lives a block away and I've showed him how to clay, wax and use the G100. I'm still bugging him to get a computer and internet access so he can join the forums, but it'll be a bit longer before then.

That's why I use Meguiar's though, the results are great. It's about spotting another shiny car and looking at the owner smiling and thinking, "Nice! Another car crazy Meguiar's guy, nice."

Oh, and I almost forgot, you also get to say, "Thank youuuuuu Meguiar's!"
                2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
                2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');