• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please don't be this guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't be this guy

You know, the one who buys new tires with a whitewall or white lettering and fails to remove the blue protection right away. I had a friend do this and he simply responded "It will wear off eventually" I simply shook my head. The blue is for protection during shipment and install. Please please remove it, you look almost as bad as people who drive with no hubcaps (not including winter tire people) because they think it looks like a set of gunmetal or black wheels.

Re: Please don't be this guy

Originally posted by Whelan View Post
    you look almost as bad as people who drive with no hubcaps (not including winter tire people) because they think it looks like a set of gunmetal or black wheels.
    Boy am I happy you made an exception for winter tires. Otherwise I would be that guy. I can't wait till spring again, so I can get those ugly things off.
    Scott

Comment

Yes but they do have to be winter tires. Sporting a set of Pirelli P-zeros or Prada Spec-2's on steelies is not acceptable. They usually go hand in hand with primered body kits and bondo.

Comment

I don't think they make P Zero/Paradas/ES100s in such a high profile to fit steel wheels.

I have seen Falken Azenis or Yokohama Advans in high profiles though.
        -Brad
        Shine Masters Pasadena, CA
        shine-masters.com

Comment

Originally posted by Whelan View Post
          Yes but they do have to be winter tires. Sporting a set of Pirelli P-zeros or Prada Spec-2's on steelies is not acceptable. They usually go hand in hand with primered body kits and bondo.
          I'm safe, they are Bridgestone Blizzak's. I didn't get the summer one's off in time, had to drive in the first snow. I hit a curb and bent one of my summer rims.
          Scott

Comment

Very true about the sizes and tire type, I guess I was just using them for reference.

And as far as Blizzaks, good tire, probably the best snow tire available. I had Kelly's on my Civic last year and currently have Goodyear Eagle TS-A's on my Matrix (came stock). But come next year I will be switching to Goodyear Assurance, what an awesome tire that is! Especially since I have AWD

Comment

I completely agree. How tacky to leave it on!

JRau in central Iowa
              It's GREAT going Cadillac!
              The Standard of the World.

Comment

Originally posted by GTBrad View Post
                I don't think they make P Zero/Paradas/ES100s in such a high profile to fit steel wheels.

I have seen Falken Azenis or Yokohama Advans in high profiles though.
                They sure do. The ES100s are available in my winter rim size lol. 195/60/14. Of course I dont sport those. I just got some cheap all season Kumhos and for my summer rims I got Parada Spec 2s. My winter rims are not steel, they are my old oem size alloys but they are Borbets.
                2005 Toyota Camry LE Phantom Grey Pearl
                2001 Toyota Corolla LE Silverstream Opalescent
                1996 Lexus ES300 Ruby Pearl

Comment

was here a dodge carivan
                  here also dodge ram van
                  and i know with hubcaps with out hubcaps looks so strange

at www.stingray82.nl all car left in the garage all drive with daily normal cars.
                  i would like buy old lada 1200 drive old lada
                  alberto gorin
                  known as gorin002

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');