• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Insurance need help and expert advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance need help and expert advice

Good day,

Hi guys my name is Rachel..newbie here..anyway guys, can i have
    your advice regarding where to get a Car insurance? coz
    im planning to insure my Car..i hope i can get any
    recommendations on what insurance to go through and what
    are you paying? I have been surfing the net to find a
    good and affortable business insurance which i can use..
    i came into One
    shop Insurance
    the cost was ok, but i want to
    know if there are any more out there who could give out
    something more affordable and can i depend my money on
    these?. thank you so much.

thanks in advance.

Re: Car Insurance need help and expert advice

welcome to mol
    alberto gorin
    known as gorin002

Comment

geee! thanks

Comment

I have ALFA ins and have never had a problem with them I don't know if they are where you are or just here in the south I pay about 200 a month for a car and truck full coverage... you could also try geico online I believe they give free quotes...hope this helps

Comment

The link, the questionable English, and insurance as the subject of her first post on a detailing site marks this as SPAM.

Comment

Choosing insurance... I'd get quotes from several major companies and compare. Ask how they handle repairs. Do they use OEM replacement parts or aftermarket parts. What is their glass replacement/repair policy? What is their practice on problems after the repair?

Do some insurance googling and read about their actions if you have an accident? Will they drop you or raise your rates? What do they do if you get cited for a moving traffic violation?

How fast do they handle claims? How satisfied are their insured?

I personally would stick with one of the major companies although I have had horrible experience with the one that asks "Are you in good hands?" In their case I'd have to say a definite "No." After dealing with them on a claim for over a year, I'd never buy anything from them. In my case they lied to me repeatedly. I finally turned my claim over to my insurer (State Farm) and had my vehicle repaired and they subrogated the costs back to those leakers.

I recall reading some reviews of insurance companies in Consumer Reports magazines. Probably be a good idea to search out some info from this source.

Last edited by jfelbab; Jan 10, 2007, 08:35 AM. Reason: Added another link.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Well as a person that is on SR22 i would not chose state farm at all ia big rip, but i would chose alstate insurance, because i have it right now being on SR22 and drive an 98 prelude with is worth alot and alot of insurance company dont recover the cost of aftermarket equipment, but mines do and it is about 150 a month.

Comment

O yea you also get this accident free card if you are with them for like a year so that can save you big bucks and my deductable is only 100 dollars so check them out

Comment

Just make sure you go through an independent agent. The price will be about the same (even cheaper) and you will get someone who will work for you. Buying insurance online, unless you know everything about insurance (which very few do), is not a good idea. Your agent will taylor the coverage to your needs and be there for you when you have a claim. But that said, the web is great for researching ins. companies. Plus, the agent in your local town will know insurance rules/laws for your state better than most web help or toll free quotes folks. Heck, they will even be to see your car and know where to place you and your car best. All companies do not rate Corvettes and Mustangs (for example) the same......

.....trust me, many of us ins. guys are also "Car Crazy"!
                  Purdue Gear head

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');