• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone believe in fortune telling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone believe in fortune telling?

Hi guys just an off topic discussion. Do you guys believe in fortune telling. U see I come across couple of times while I'm having my lunch in coffee shops. These guys would walk up to you and ask if you want to know your fortune or future. They would give u a pickup line that your fortune is very good. You are a very fortunate & luck is coming to you.

I am quite tempted to let them read my fortune but I don't really believe in it. I heard my friends get con from them before. They would give all their money in their wallet after the session. Guess maybe its interesting to know our future or what's in store for us in the near future tho...Hehehe. Maybe one fine day I'll give it try just a chance to see how it goes. Just like when we were kids in kindergarden, the song: Oh, Sarah, Sarah what the future will be. Will be..... I forgotten the whole song already.

Anyone has come across this before....?

Re: Anyone believe in fortune telling?

I've never ben to one personally but I have had women friends go to them about guys they were dating to see if they had a future with them and about a week later they are with someone new it always made me laugh. It would be cool to see what they said but I don't know about giving them all the money out of my pocket

Comment

is t that in japanse or chinses
      never had those
      alberto gorin
      known as gorin002

Comment

@bernard78:

Maybe you meant to quote Doris Day. That one would go:

"Che sera, sera.... what ever will be, will be....."

Who knows? Maybe one of these guys could tell you when Meguiar's will come up with the "#XX Miracle Glaze" (removing every single scratch and swirl with only one pass using a W-9006 pad..... )

Comment

Originally posted by veedub Mike View Post
          @bernard78:

Maybe you meant to quote Doris Day. That one would go:

"Che sera, sera.... what ever will be, will be....."

Who knows? Maybe one of these guys could tell you when Meguiar's will come up with the "#XX Miracle Glaze" (removing every single scratch and swirl with only one pass using a W-9006 pad..... )
          ... or how about this new product - THE MEGUAIR'S BOMB. It is sort of like the insect bomb. You pull your car(s) in the garage, set off the bomb, and overnight cleans, polishes ... you know the full "5 step process" swirls and all. Leave the hood open for engine detail. Doors open for interior detail. I want $12.55 per can royalty for the idea!

Comment

I dont belive in that and if they are asking around then dont go for it.

Comment

I'm pretty sceptical to that kind of stuff for the most part mainly because there a LOT of cons in that type of work/profession or whatever you call it. But I do believe there are some (very few) that do have the ability.

About 15 years ago this guy passes my buddy stops & says he's a psychic and is getting a very strong vibe/reading off my friend. He asks my buddy if he can tell him what he see's, asking for no money. My friend says "ya what the hell."
              At the time he was having major probs with his marriage, money & had one kid. The psychic goes on to tell him that he will be getting a divorce after having a second child with his present wife, marry a blond girl, have a kid with this new wife & be very well off in the money department. Well we both laughed & joked about it but 15 years later my buddy reminds me of that encounter & looking back, everything that guy said has come true! EVERYTHING. Weird eh?? Personally I don't want someone to tell me my future, I'd rather find out on my own!

Cheers
              Sean

Comment

I'm very sceptical of furtune tellers, cause if they could tell fortune which is looking into a persons future then everyone would have no choice of how they turn out.

On the other hand, my 4 year old who was born 3 hours after a close family friend died has a seemingly uncanny ability or predicting when i am going to crash/injure myself/break something ect. I have found by ignorance if he tells me to be careful of going for a drive/fixing the car or bike to take note and a little extra care.

He told me to take it easy going to work one day and I wrote my motorcycle of about an hour later, same thing happened when I was going to pull an engine out of a car with a borrowed engine jack which broke when the engine was partway out, which fell back into the engine bay at an angle and the other day about a week ago he said to take it easy in the car when I was going to visit my parents about 250km away where I was t-boned by an impaitent driver that wanted to turn the other way accross the road into on coming traffic.

If he keeps this up I'm going to hide in my computer room and not come out to play

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');