• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a 07 Chevy Avalanche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a 07 Chevy Avalanche?

Just that.... anyone have a 07 Avalanche?

I am thinking of selling the Lightning, really not totally sure if I want to sell it but I am considering it. I hate to sell it but its getting a little small in the cab, hard to haul friends around. Sure its very fun to drive but might be time to move to a more practical(from the interior space, comfort and flexible truck bed design point of view, not fuel efficient compact car point of view) vehicle.

I am looking at the Avalanche, seems just about every magazine review and 'user review' is good other than gas mileage(doesn't bother me as right now I drive a Lightning). I have rode and drove a new Tahoe same interior as the Avalanche and I am very impressed with the quality and look inside and out.

Any opinions out there any owners out there?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Re: Anyone have a 07 Chevy Avalanche?

Ive seen the new avalanches but I dont think that they have the enough room in the bed for much... like plywood, wood in general, and other large/ long objects that can easily fit in a bed of a truck. Id say stay with the Lightning, a 4.6 Supercharged motor that can basically blow any other truck out of the water..... even those SRT-10 rams.... I know Im a big Ford guy and of course Im gonna object to the Chevy...... but if u ask me the lightning body style still looks fairly brand new... and if u are worried about hauing the friends around just tell them to try and keep up with u when u guys deide to go somewhere or they can ride in the back......... Dont get me wrong those Avalanches dont look half bad I would consider one if I had a family with 2- 3 kids. but I can see that the size is getting small and ur right foot is getting lighter...... if u feel u dont need all that awesome tire roasting horsepower Id go with the Chevy..... but tell me whast gonna grab attention a Lightning or an Avalanche...... or u could go with a new F-150 crew cab.... to stay in the family..... but its all up to u and what u need the truck for

Comment

I agree it is really fun to drive also when you say the older ford bodies still look good, kind of my thought too. Most vehicles get 'outdated' as soon as the new body is introduced and that didn't seem to happen with the F150's.
      Brandon

Comment

yea I know.... I had a buddy of mine ditch his chevy/ GMC pickup for a Ford cause he said it looked out dated and what not ( it was an 05 adn traded it in 06)..... I think ford can make there body styles seem new forever basically than Chevy or any other

Comment

Im quite anti-ford as they seem to be quite unreliable. Chevy trucks seem to have a great reputation so i'd go for it. Im a toyota person myself.. i can jack up insane amounts of miles and not blink.
          02 Ford F250 Super Duty
          International T444E 7.3L Diesel
          Not exactly stock...laundry list of mods.
          Straight Piped
          PHP FU chip

Comment

Im not to keen on the styling but it is made for abuse thts for sure plastic lower body clading lined bed four seats good power the upersides of the bed hav tool like boxes for storage and as for length the bed folds over the back seats for the extra bed footage and comes with 3 panels so u can cover the bed. As for the trade i know u wont be hard pressed to find a buyer for tht lightning. (id personaly throw the friends and family in the bed keep some weight over the back tires)jk hehehe. if u need the all purpose truck thts the one for sure.

Comment

Hmm lets see, I know, get a QC Ram!
              I was considering the Avalanche before I bought my Ram. They're just too SUV looking for me. Also they don't ride tight like a truck from what I hear.

Cheers
              Sean

Comment

You can't get rid of the Lighting! It's a one of a kind truck, Avalanches are all over the roads. A few of my fellow SS owners have gotten rid of there trucks for Avalanches and they love them. I've haven't driven one but I really do like them. I never liked the older design much. It's no doubt a really nice vehicle. But do you want to blend in and just have a vehicle, and not something special. I really want to buy a house and can't afford to have the SS and a house. I've been trying to bring myself to sell it since summer. I just can't do it. I'll find out early this summer if I can keep it or not. Want a good deal on a SS? lol
                Scott

Comment

how about gettin into a 02-03 f-150 harley davidson. the trucks have an almost identical motor as the lightning and have 2 extra seats for you (the back chairs are captains chairs). i had an 02 for 2 years and i love the truck, i wish i could still have it but tuition bills have consumed all my money. there is a great website called nhtoc.com which has great information. i sold my truck 6 months ago and i still check that site out almost daily.
                  good luck with whatever you choose though!!!

Comment

Well, I took the big plunge. I sold the Lightning and bought an Avalanche. Sure some might think I was KrAzY for selling it but it was time for a little more space and something I can drive during the winter. I hope to detail it this weekend and post some photos.
                    Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                      Well, I took the big plunge. I sold the Lightning and bought an Avalanche. Sure some might think I was KrAzY for selling it but it was time for a little more space and something I can drive during the winter. I hope to detail it this weekend and post some photos.

gb387,

Congrats on the new purchase!
                      Brian Hann
                      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
                      Meguiar's Inc.
                      Irvine, California
                      bhann@meguiars.com
                      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Congrats gb! Can't wait for the pix!
                        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

As BlueZero falls to the floor.................................

Congratulations on the new ride. Welcome to the Chevy side! I will admit that if I had to pick a new ride to get it would be an Avalanche. I cant wait to see some photos. Did you sell the Lightning outright or trade it? The SS is going to be on its way this summer. The closing date on my house is April 27th, so I am keeping it to move. Then it's a cheap little gas sipping car for me.
                          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                            As BlueZero falls to the floor.................................

Congratulations on the new ride. Welcome to the Chevy side! I will admit that if I had to pick a new ride to get it would be an Avalanche. I cant wait to see some photos. Did you sell the Lightning outright or trade it? The SS is going to be on its way this summer. The closing date on my house is April 27th, so I am keeping it to move. Then it's a cheap little gas sipping car for me.
                            I traded the Lightning, the dealer gave me kbb trade/excellent condition. I was shocked never had a dealer give me anything close to kbb.

Congrats on the house!!! When are you going to invite MOL over?
                            Brandon

Comment

I traded the Lightning, the dealer gave me kbb trade/excellent condition. I was shocked never had a dealer give me anything close to kbb.

Congrats on the house!!! When are you going to invite MOL over?
                              12,901 Members... Not sure my grill is big enough. For sure, If your ever in this area, let me know.

I got a trade in price for the SS last fall from a dealer and it was just under kbb trade/fair condition. Thats just nuts. Sounds like you got a sweet deal. I just looked up the trade/excellent on the SS, I would be happy with that. Its about what I wanted to sell it out right for, with out the hassle. Maybe I need to take a drive to MN to get a car too.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');