• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINI goes into storage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINI goes into storage.

Did I do everything right?

I put it up on stands. Should I have? I have Pirelli Runflats on it so i decided to take them off and just put the entire car on stands.

Filled the gas tank half way and added fuel stabalizer.

checked my other levels and they're all good.

took out the battery and put it on a slow trickle charger.

took off my wipers so they don't stick to the glass.

put a car cover on the car.

placed a piece of carpet and charcoal brickets underneath to absorb moisture. also placed them in the four corners of the garage.

should i do anything else.

this is my first car and i wanna take as good care as possible and any feedback from those that have done this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Re: MINI goes into storage.

Is the battery charger intended for long-term use?

A standard charger, even a trickle charger can cook a battery if left connected for extended periods. You want to use a float charger that’s designed to keep a battery topped up without overcharging.

PC.

Comment

I love California, our cars are year round

Seems like you covered everything
      -Brad
      Shine Masters Pasadena, CA
      shine-masters.com

Comment

[QUOTE=the other pc;159226]Is the battery charger intended for long-term use?

A standard charger, even a trickle charger can cook a battery if left connected for extended periods. You want to use a float charger that

must be nice to live in California. but heck i just heard you guys got snow for the first time.

Comment

Cali is a car owners dream! At least Southern Cali is. Too bad I drove through snow today in CT, lol.

Anyways, it seems you covered all your bases and then some. My friend has a 67 Camaro SS that he actually has a a bag you drive onto and zip up and enclose the car completely.

For the winter he pulled it into the garage (heated) raised the frame to take the weight off the tires and suspension, just slightly though. Then threw some absorb cans in the car, with some fresheners and zipped it up.

Comment

my car still has the brand new smell.

its doing okay in the garage. we put all the garbage outside and stuff so it should be okay smell wise.

Comment

Originally posted by GTBrad View Post
              I love California, our cars are year round

Seems like you covered everything
              Miami is pretty nice for cars, too. Nothing special required and you can drive year round! Woo hooo. I can't wait to get my old convertible bug!

Comment

You can't beat the weather here in OZ

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');