• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

curb issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curb issue

today i was pulling out from a dirt pull off spot waiting for my friend to catch up and when i went to go there was a little lip of the road and when i went over the estamated 3 inch high part, i had to accelerate and when my rear end went over it it felt like it pulled back on it. like it had the rear end pulled off i checked it and all the parts under the car seem to be there and in okay condition, is there any thing i should really check good?
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: curb issue

you might have messed up you wheel alignment, keep an eye out for uneven tread wear. It could have messed up alot of stuff. i would watch out for any noises or the car handling weird. hopefully nothing happened, good luck!

Comment

yeah thanks. when i was going down a straight road when nobody was near me i let go of the steering wheel for a couple of seconds and it did not wander on the road. drove straight. the only noises i hear is the engine a small one coming from the dash
      Alex
      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

my dad told me as long as the parts are there it will be fine. he said it was probably put under a lot of stress and should not be done again. i will take for a drive on a windy road today see how it is.
        Alex
        1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Be careful, you dont want one of those stressed parts to fail when you are in the middle of a turn.

Comment

i think the car is fine i will just watch out for anything.
            Alex
            1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Good to hear!! I actually had a similar thing happen to me, except i took a turn to sharp and hit my right back rim on the curb! OOOUUCCHHH!!!!!!! it took off the paint in one area and wore down to the metal, yuck! it doesnt look good. Also about 2 weeks a go i passed over a bump in the road and it hit the underside of my car, right in the middle, im kind of worried about this one.

Comment

sounds like you bottomed out. my friends say i worry to much about my car. i told them the better you take care of them the longer they last. my friend starts his jeep up and revs it like crazy when the engine is cold. i was like oh my that would do a number on his engine.
                Alex
                1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

actually i did worse than bottom out, when you bottom out it
                  usually it hits your frame, this was a small mound so it caught it right in the weak spot.

Comment

hope your situation does not get any worse. have you put it on a lift to check for scraping on the bottom. if it hit your lower control arm it could have weakend it.
                    Alex
                    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');