• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

california car duster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• california car duster

is it okay to use a california car duster on the glass?
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: california car duster

Yeah, it fine, the Duster's do tend to swirl the paint sometimes, so I would be very careful using one or use Quik Detailer and a Supreme Shine!!
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

thanks man!
      Alex
      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

I've used the CD for a while now...the trick is NOT to put any pressure on it as you sweep it across the surface...really works well...
        Bill Poirier
        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

it worked okay when it was new but as it got dirtier it picked up the dust better.
          Alex
          1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

That is what the instructions say The dirtier the duster, the better it works. The less pressure you use the better it seems to pickup. Good luck.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

how long might one of these dusters last.
              Alex
              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Originally posted by stang97 View Post
                how long might one of these dusters last.
                That's something I'm still running a test on.
                The one I purchased in 1989 is still going strong. In fact, I think it may last longer than I will.

Seriously, we have three of them, one of which is the "Super Duster". The other two are the wood handle version and there is a difference in the size of the yarn when compared to the Wal*Mart duster. The cheaper one may work just as well, but I have never used one of them.
                The life expectancy is almost unlimited if you use them correctly.
                Use it on a dusty, not dirty vehicle. Not good for the duster, not good for the paint. It is a California Car Duster.

Shake it out regularly. I actually beat it on the side of my trash can a couple of times during each use.

Don't use it on a wet surface. Can't be good for the duster or the paint.

Keep it in some type cover when not in use. The case that comes with it works good for this.

It is recommended to lay the duster on a newspaper for a day or two to allow some of the excess paraffin to be absorbed by the newspaper. Otherwise, you may have some streaking.

About the QD and MF suggestion, I quite often will use the duster and then follow up with the QD and MF.
                Charles
                The Rainmaker

Comment

I purchased my "original california duster" in the spring of 93. Istill useit. However my daughter gave me a meguiars body duster for x-mas. The original keeps on ticking.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

there is something about these things that worry me.

i mean if you don't see one piece of dirt that's on the paint and you drag it along. OUCH!!!

Comment

when i first used it i saw it drag the dirt around and yes it worried me at the beginning but now i am used to seeing it do that. one time i had just poured concrete and a towl got some splatter from it being poured. the towl was in a dirty laundry basket and i did not know that it got concrete on it and the next time i used it it scratched the paint on my truck and i was fuming. it was kind of my fault for leaving the towls there on the steps. i am glad my truck is white because you can't ell there are scratches on the front of the hood.
                      Alex
                      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

One more tip. ALWAYS use it on a cool surface in the shade or you'll probably get streaking.
                        Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

thanks, i mainly do it in the garage
                          Alex
                          1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

do not drop it in bark or mud because it would ruin it.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');