• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up a new client the other day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Picked up a new client the other day...

n737nc, you make me sick!! It's people like you that make people like me drool. You owe me a new keyboard, by the way.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

That is quite a collection! I wonder if the white 68 Mustang Fastback is one of the first 50 428 cu inch cars that Ford released to drag racers.
      1968 Mustang Coupe Candy Apple Red
      1990 Limited Editon Mustang 5.0 Convertible (7UP Car)

Comment

Originally posted by Stangfan View Post
        That is quite a collection! I wonder if the white 68 Mustang Fastback is one of the first 50 428 cu inch cars that Ford released to drag racers.

I don't know. But I will ask the next time I'm out there, probably Tuesday or so.
        2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
        2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
        2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

N737 you are one lucky man! i had a guy that has some old rare cars that i was going to detail( but nothing like whats fell in your hands) anyways lets just say his brother was building him up just a tad!! he did have a couple nice old cars though, but he didn't like my $250 price for one of the cars, even though he was really up for me doing the job after the test spot,but i think he was a detail center $50 to $75 in&out quicky. anyway congrads.
          ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
          You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
          Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Sweet collection, no doubt. I might need to make another trip to Dallas to help you out there. I'll bring my PC and all my goodies too. Have fun and take pictures.
            2016 Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
              Sweet collection, no doubt. I might need to make another trip to Dallas to help you out there. I'll bring my PC and all my goodies too. Have fun and take pictures.

In all honesty, I really do need some help right now. I did hire a young man, but he bolted on me after only a couple of days. I guess he didn't like cleaning cars, plus I think it would have been a long time before I trusted him with any kind of machine on one of these classics.

If your interested in coming out and helping me knock out a few of these beauties, PM me and lets talk about it. I also have another client with a collection just about as large as this one. He is the one I did the 69 Camaro makeover for.

Nick
              2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
              2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
              2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
              2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Wow! That sounds like a dream come true. Unfortunately, I won't be able to take anytime off work soon. I just started a new job at the end of last month and I don't want to risk asking time off right now. I don't know how long you will be working for this client, but on June 16th I'm coming to Dallas to see a friend and attend his wedding party. Maybe we can meet up if possible and discuss this a little more. I might be able to make a few weekend trips to help out. I just need to make sure I don't have to work. I would love to put a shine on some of those classics. My brothers would be really jealous, especially the Mustangs. LOL
                2016 Focus ST

Comment

Wow! Nice collection! We dont get to see such cars in Singapore.
                  Have to pay about US $10k just to get a permit to keep a car for only
                  10 yrs.

The tax of the cars alone can bankrupt you. (We're taxed according to engine capacity)

Yes, hope to see the 'before' and 'after' photos of the cars.

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on your new client! What an incredible collection he has!! Enjoy detailing those beauties, and I hope you are able to find some good, reliable help.

Comment

Wow! What a great collection! Congrats on your new client. Seeing those muscle cars of the past brings back good memories.

Comment

Impressive collection! Good luck on the job.
                        SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');