• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single stage paint on a Lexus??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single stage paint on a Lexus??

Ok so there's a little debate on the lexus forums I'm on. People are saying the Obsidian Black found on the new GS Lexus is single stage! I cannot believe it and I am under the impression that all modern cars have a proper two stage paint with a clear coat on top.

Anybody knows? Thanks! (my s/n on clublexus is The Godfather)

GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) - 2008 GS350 Obsidian paint, clear coat or no clear coat? - Newbie here! I just got my GS350 AWD blk/blk last night. :woohoo: One quick question for you experts out here. Is there a clear coat over the Obsidian paint? I call the 1-800-25-Lexus already, they were no help. So now I am turning to...

Re: Single stage paint on a Lexus??

I don't know specifically about that car, but some modern cars do have single stage paint from the factory. I don't see what the whole debate is about though, because it is so easy for the OP to just test and see. I have tested for single stage paint before using Cleaner Wax! An agressive compound is not required to get just a little bit of the color to come off onto the applicator pad, especially with black! That is exactly why I don't frequent any other forums, though. (ok, that and I already spend enough time here without adding another website to the list). I don't like reading threads where the people replying don't really know any more than the people that asked the question.
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
    2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

I am going to bet it is. Lexus has a few cars that are single stage. The Altezza/is300 in OB were.
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I have done black toyotas that were single stage.
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Some modern car come Single Stage from the factory.
          I think we have a forum member that has a IS in that color and I think he said his car was single stage.

Also I think the Mitsubishi Evolution is single stage, their is a thread were someone detailed a red Evo and it was a single stage.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');