• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gas Station Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gas Station Spray Wax

I didn't know that there was an actual site for that junk they wipe on everyone's cars! At least it's cheaper online

Re: The Gas Station Spray Wax

This stuff makes it look nice until it rains again, lol.
    WrightDetail
    The Wright Way
    2007 Chevy HHR
    2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Believe it or not, one time we let one of the Gas Station Wax-Sellers show us their spray wax on our old Blazer which has a $800.00 single stage Macco paint job. The sides look good but the paint on the hood never really looked as good as the rest of the truck. Anyway, we let one of these guy spray some of this stuff on, wipe it around and then wipe it off and dang if it didn't look pretty good!

We bought a can to show a few of the folks here at Meguiar's and it was sitting on a shelf in this co-worker's office and something fell against the spray nozzle and emptied the can onto the floor while no one was around.

When we got the can back it was empty and the guy that was selling the stuff was gone the next time we went back to the station.

Don't have the can anymore and forgot the name of the product but don't think it was this product.

Because the spray on wax cleaned our single stage paint with little effort, (being a low quality single stage paint, the hood tended to oxidize pretty quickly), we're pretty sure the spray wax contained some pretty stout cleaning chemical and while this might be good for a single stage finish in bad condition it would tend to make it the wrong product for a paint in pretty good condition and it might even dull a clear coat finish in excellent condition.

But alas, the can is empty and gone and so is the guy selling it.

Sometimes we have to resist the effort to pass judgment on products we've never tried, you never know... they just might surprise you.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use to have a couple cans of the FastWax. I used it on my motorcycle for a couple of years. It did a fabulous job of keeping the plastics looking new. After 2.5 years, the bike looked like it rolled off the showroom floor. Of course that could have been because it only had 2,200 miles on it. Oh well, I liked the FastWax for what I was using it for.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Just to add...

I do not know the Fast Wax you guys are referring to, but back in the late 70's Eagle One made a Spray Wax, I think they called it Speed Wax, and it worked really well.

Then in the 90's, Pennzoil had a spray wax in a black spray can, I think it was called Concours. I used a lot of it on my travel trailers as it worked really really well and could be applied and removed in the direct sun. They since quit making it.

Today, Pro Wax makes a Carnauba Speed Wax aerosol that also works very well.

Finally, in the Marine line Meguiar's makes its own aerosol spray wax, Quik Wax aerosol, M-6921. I use it and M66 to keep my travel trailer sparkling and well protected. It is so easy to use especially on such a huge surface like an RV!

Many of these products have to be put into context for their intended uses. I would not use any of them on mine or my customers vehicles, but for the RV owner, etc, they make a good alternative.

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            Blazer which has a $800.00 single stage Macco paint job.
            Mike I was looking into getting my truck painted by them do you recommend them...?
            Paint drips is the only complaint, I've heard around.
            Which, wet sanding would take care of that flaw....
            Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
            ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
            (269)650-2242

Comment

On a rainy day, I let them used it on my truck and they showed me how clean it made the section compared to the rest (they wiped the dirt from the wet roads off).

I actually have about 1.5 cans of the Eagle One Fast Wax with Carnauba and it works pretty good for what it is. I wish I would have known then, when they were on sale for $0.50 a can!!!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');