• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?

I have found more rust on my Thunderbird. It is in a very hard place to get to. Right below the B pillar. It is a big solid patch of rust. I do not want to cut it but is there any other ways to kill or neutralize the rust? I can't get it with POR 15 or rust mort. The opening to this section is small. What should I do? But as a reminder i do not want to cut it unless there is no other way.
    Alex
    1972 Dodge Dart Swinger360
    1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551
    1969 Ford Mustang Fastback

Re: What should I do?

Besides taking the body off and having it dipped...

Parade car?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Would a sand blaster work?
      Alex
      1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

If you coat it with por-15 or try and cover it up and not completely eliminate it then it eventually will come back and the cost to repair the second time will make you wish it was done correctly the first time.

From the rust belt Paul
        Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
        317-513-4678

Comment

I have the por15 and do I have to lightly sand the rust before I do it? I will have a hard time sanding it. I will try a angle grinder and see how it turns out. I have a small angle grinder so it should fit in this small space I may have to cut out some metal from the inside of the car to get my hand in there.
          Alex
          1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Go to eastwood.com they say they have a paint type coating that is suppose to stop the rust. I never used it but was going to try it on my cellar doors this year. Good luck on whatever you try.

Comment

thanks for the info.
              Alex
              1998 SVT Cobra 1 of 551

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');