• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Nozzle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Nozzle!

Really,How good is the fire nozzle? Im thinking about buying one.

Im on a volfire Dept so I guess I can all ways use are 1960 Ford F 700 FireTruck ,700 gallons of watter, 2 inch hoes, to wash my truck with, Now talk about a fast way to get the Gc Wash off!! Now thats a true Fire nozzle LOL
    Get In Sit Down ShutUp

Re: Fire Nozzle!

I just got mine from Rick @ ADS, Buff and Shine is the brand. I'm happy with it so far. I'm considering the shut-off handle from griots to use with it. It would be nice to hold the spray pattern inbetween spray downs.
    2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

I have one from Sears. I like it a lot. The only thing I don't like is that you have to twist it all the way to turn it off. The shut off from Griots does look pretty slick.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by mattaleca View Post
        I just got mine from Rick @ ADS, Buff and Shine is the brand. I'm happy with it so far. I'm considering the shut-off handle from griots to use with it. It would be nice to hold the spray pattern inbetween spray downs.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
          I have one from Sears. I like it a lot. The only thing I don't like is that you have to twist it all the way to turn it off. The shut off from Griots does look pretty slick.
          Same here, I do like it but as mentioned the shutoff isn't as user friendly as it could be. Another problem if you drag it across the ground it will turn on so you have to be aware of that as well.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I have two, and they are great! Both have added in-line shutoff valves which does the trick, and I like the fact that they are heavy and solid as I have already run over one with my GTI which would have destroyed any other garden sprayer. It is worth a little extra money to get something that will last for a very long time.
            ---
            Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Anyone have a pic of the spray pattern it has? Does it just dump the water out?
              Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLibby04 View Post
                Anyone have a pic of the spray pattern it has? Does it just dump the water out?
                The spray pattern varies as you twist it. At full twist it kinda just sheets out in a circular direction. Barely open is pretty straight out. Then it gets bigger as you open. Its really hard to describe, maybe somebody else could explain it.

Ryan
                Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

When you twist counter clockwise it opens. It jets out fast at first when you keep twisting it really widens out like a fogging mist at full open. You really have to try one to appreciate the versitility of the product.

I know this is off topic but I am a little cheesed to say the least. Heres what happened, hope no one else has to go through this.

Some old hag in my condo complex gave me sh.t today and said "We are in the mist of a water shortage in Long Beach" I was nice and shrouged it off and finished hosing down my rims. After I got done I got online and found she was grossly mis-inform. Why does everone got to mess with my relaxation time? I don't go to their gym or spa and give them sh.t. Sorry I needed to vent.

I am going to buy the griot valve shut-off this weekend and some quick connects so my neighbors can't screw with my toys.

I just want some quiet time after work. A cold beverage some AC/DC or Stones playing and my now beautiful truck. I think thats fair. Why they gotta mess a good thing up?
                  2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
                  2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

I have a shutoff valve I bought from Home Depot attached to the hose end with a quick disconnect for the hose. Makes it very usable that way.
                    2007 Toyota Yaris
                    2001 Volvo S60 T5
                    1981 Volvo GLT Turbo

Comment

They make a few different kinds, pretty much all the ones that shut off in both directions will be identical to the Griots...(within reason) and should cost around $10 to $20 (Sears supposedly is the same for about $20).

The shut off valve can be also bought separately for $5 or so bucks.

I like Griot's but you pay for the convenience of them finding all this stuff for you. If money was no object I'd definitely shop around less and spend my time just buying and playing with stuff.

I bought the 'wrong' nozzle, mine only turns off one direction. However a shut off nozzle is WAY better because you can just set the hose up for the pattern you want and cut the pressure at any time.

I also saw some fire hose nozzles that have a middle ring that can cut pressure, but the ones I saw seemed cheaply made.

Comment

the wash n rinse spray gun at costco is pretty good...... i think it was like $20.... comes w/ a nozzle attachments that does a flat/vertical spray pattern and also a nozzle that does a concentrated jet..... and then when u take the nozzle attachments off its just like if it was just the garden hose w/o attachment good for rinsing.... for taller trucks theres a extention barrel and also a adjustable angle nozzle which then you would attach the flat or jet nozzle onto..... and theres even a soap container that you can pour soap in and mix it in with the water to spray on your car.... i used it today to wash my car and it was really convienant... it was really cool too bc it looks like a machine gun.... or flame thrower... except it sprays water instead....

Comment

Here's the one I have. It is made by Gilmour and was purchased at Lowe's about a year ago. I think it was $15. It's a variation of the fireman's nozzel. I like it because 1) it has a handle and 2) it has a shut-off. That way you don't have to lose your spray pattern when you shut it off between rinsing. It also has a pressure dial that allows you to adjust the pressure for all settings. The top handle/lever is similar to a real fireman's nozzel and is used to turn it on/off - forward is off, pulled towards you is on.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Thanks for the pics of your firemans nozzle. Thats the type I am looking for. Off to Lowe's tomorrow. Thanks again.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I could never imagine washing my car with any other hose connector. The rubber fire nozzle is great: It protects your paint, applies pressure, and streams perfectly for the sheeting.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');