• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about this info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about this info

I found this video on Youtube from "expert village". They have quite a few videos and this particular one is about "professional detailing".

It seems much of what this guy is doing is things I have read to be incorrect (here). Here is the video http://youtube.com/watch?v=wN6l66d-96I

My thoughts about what he is doing...

1. If he is a pro, why is he waxing in direct sun? I think there is a video of this same chap, washing this very truck in the sun, as well. Isn't this a no, no?

2. He says "orbitals are the best for waxing because they will not create swirl marks" and pretty much everything else will. Is that even true? I've seen a lot of guys here work without orbitals and they don't create swirls, right?
    ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Re: How about this info

In the big picture, (haven't looked at the videos), is each of us has the ability to decide for ourselves whose information is solid and trustworthy. On this forum we do our best to make sure any how to information posted on this forum will work for you when you go out into your garage and work on your car, (or wash your car in the driveway).

Sites like the one you reference will either endure because their content is good, or whither because their content is checked against other sources of content and judged to be lacking.

We decide. (That is you and I and everyone with an Internet connection). That's what's cool about the Internet, it's not a one way street when it comes to the flow of information and it's always evolving.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

1. Yeah, waxing in the sun is not something we recommend. Why? The protectant dries quickly and may become difficult to remove.
      2. Technically speaking, that is not an orbital. Rather, a dual action polisher.

2.5. Yes, you can completely polish a car using a rotary. It's all about using the right technique and product. The idea is to use the least aggressive product to get the job done. If not, it may take longer than expected to get the job done. As far as technique goes, there are a few things. Don't apply much pressure - this will get you in trouble FAST with swirls, holograms, and possibly burns. It is important to have a level pad. I saw one video a while back with a guy using the rotary and basically just using the edge of the pad to polish the hood. His aggressive method will easily introduce swirls and holograms.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I will stick to the tried and true principles taught here. Just makes better sense to me. Is it just me, or does his special brush look like a old paint brush with tape at the end of it?
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

those videos are kinda funny. I recommend that everyone watch them just dont turn it into a bash fest. Only thing Ill say is I really hope no one ever watches them and puts them to use.
          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');