• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spam SOLUTION????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam SOLUTION????

I am getting over 400 spam emails a day!! They are to my business email so I can just sign up for another. Is there anything I can do to rid my mail box of SPAM? ?
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Re: Spam SOLUTION????

I have been running into alot of that as well and the only thing i can see to do is increase the security of your email so when people send you emails they have to type in the letters that appear in a picture to help filter out most spammers and also watch where you advertise your business and email address online because after i posted on Craigslist with my email address on the add i started getting alot more spam.
    ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
    Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
    210-281-8151

Comment

Hey Joe,

Are you using Outlook Express? There are some little tricks to delete the spam.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

try activating Spam assesin function on your domain cpanel, or you can try migrating your mail to mozilla thunderbird, it catches Spam better than outlook

Comment

You could run your own email server and block the IP ranges for all the countries you don't do business with. A lot of spam comes from outside the US. If you don't want to do your own e-mail server you could change hosting to a company that does a better job of blocking spam. You can do things with your email client to automatically delete those emails that are clearly spam.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

Here is what I do with Outlook Express:

1. Go to 'Tools' at the top of the program
            2. Select 'Message Rules' and click on 'Mail'
            3. In the first area, check the box for 'Where the Subject line contains specific words'
            4. In the second area, check the box for 'Delete It'
            5. In the third area, click on the blue typing that says 'contains specific words'
            6. Start typing in the words that are most commonly used in spam message titles. I would list them, but it's pretty explicit.

Now for deleting messages that contain certain words in the message, check 'Where the message body contains specific words' in step 3 and repeat the next steps.
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

IF you don't respond to them, they will cycle throught and slow down. We would get up to 100 a day but now we hardly get anything. Thats what our IT guys told me, don't respond and let it cycle out. We got them from kids signing up for stuff on the internet and using our email address. Like 7up prizes, pepsi whatever.

It's frustrating.

Aaron
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

1st. File complaint to your e-mail hosting company (if they are hosting your mail)
                2nd. See if you can use MS Outlook 2003 client (junk mail filter is included)
                3rd. If you are using Outlook to get mail, buy a 3rd party spam filter (I suggest I Hate Spam)
                I Hate Spam has excellent filter rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                  I am getting over 400 spam emails a day!! They are to my business email so I can just sign up for another. Is there anything I can do to rid my mail box of SPAM? ?
                  I run my business accounts though Gmail. Yes you can use your own domain name.

www.google.com/a should get you there.
                  AeroCleanse, LLC
                  Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                  www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I set it up to bounce all emails back with this -

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
                    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
                    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:
                    216.219.210.210 does not like recipient.
                    Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 ... user No Such User
                    Giving up on 216.219.210.210.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path:
                    Received: (qmail 16686 invoked from network); 27 Apr 2008 22:49:30 -0000
                    Received: from unknown (HELO 22A1279F7EE14446) xxxxxxxx@verizon.net@61.129.62.218 with login)
                    by smtp103.vzn.mail.dcn.yahoo.com with SMTP; 27 Apr 2008 22:49:30 -0000
                    X-YMail-OSG: 4O4P9HEVM1moJwZ0kzFmZu4YxeKR7HrSHzVRz_cx30MSbtgyHaxIMrwRKQjAQYHTPm9LAekqF7OylNYksMoUdsOunRhEI0mrKqYEuKzd_BWfAyKzSb.vFcyhXbUPAW0-
                    X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-3
                    Message-ID: <001c01c8a8b8$fd914660$2f01a8c0@2S2A1279F7EE1496>
                    Reply-To: "Superior Shine"
                    To: "Superior Shine"
                    References: <000a01c8a8b7$b64efad0$2f01a8c0@22A1279F8DD1496>
                    Subject: Re: you can be larger..
                    Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 15:49:44 -0700
                    Organization: Superior Shine
                    MIME-Version: 1.0
                    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
                    boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8A87E.50596280"
                    X-Priority: 3
                    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
                    X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
                    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0219_01C8A87E.50543280
                    Content-Type: text/plain;
                    charset="iso-8859-1"
                    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I get alot of spam to my yahoo address also, terrible at stopping spam. Outlook isn't much better either. Gmail seems better than many others.

Comment

Looks like your e-mail got hijacked and being spoofed (backscatter attack). Happens very often.
                        Your ISP or mail hosting provider can block this attack easily with right type of filtering.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                          I've been running my own domain for a very long time, and my main e-mail address got so bad, it was taking a looong time just to download and process the spam.

The free solution is rarely the best, but in this case Gmail really shines.

1) Set up your domain's mail server to relay each and every message to a Gmail account.

2) Set up your pop client to check your Gmail account to download the mail using the userid "recent:name@domain.com".

3) Keep using your regular SMTP server to send mail out using your public e-mail address.

I can't believe how well Gmail filters spam. I went from 400-500 spams a day down to 0 or 1 a day.

To keep things clean on your original mail server, I set up a 2nd Gmail account to download and delete all messages... otherwise your original mailbox will fill up.

To the techies out there who want to know why I didn't simply set up Gmail to retrieve the messages from the original server, you can't control how often Gmail retrieves mail from an external POP server. Sometimes it's up to every half hour. It's much quicker to just have every message forwarded through Gmail's front door as it arrives.

Brian

Comment

Thanks for sharing this Brian...

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

My Corporate Email solution uses a system by the company called MXLogic Email Defense Service. If anybody wants help or is looking for a professional email service, I supply domain based email services for a fee, Included with my email services is the MXLogic Email Defense Service. Email or PM me if you would like more information.
                              Mike Bara
                              CEO of MPB System Solutions, LLC
                              **Professional Detailer
                              **Computer & Network Technician

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');