• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have the gas prices had a negative effect on your business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the gas prices had a negative effect on your business?

Just wondering, has anyone had a slow down due to the high gas prices? I've been busy on the weekends up till last week, but I don't have any lined up for the immediate future. I know due to the higher food prices and gas prices that people wont have spare money to spend on having their cars detailed, but rather to pay for necessities. That's not to mention a mobile detailer, who has the fit the bill for the higher gas prices...

Just wondering what everyone thinks of this or have you felt the impact of it already?

Re: Have the gas prices had a negative effect on your business?

I shut down my buisness 3 weeks ago, I was an auto / cycle shipper for the last 3 years. The fuel costs are killing me, I just found a factory job as a Brake Press operator and its NOT what I wanted to do at this stage of my life, but what can you do.

Comment

So far, so good here. We're booked about 2 weeks out right now, and I just raised my prices about a week ago. Calls are still coming in daily. Hope it continues!
      2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
      2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
      2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

all depends on your market, im not having a problem with business here in FL. People are keeping their cars longer these days, it just takes a little education for people to understand paint/interior maintenence and how its as important as taking care of their motor and transmission.
        Forever New
        Mobile Detailing
        Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Gas prices have hit my shop this year so far, it's still to early to predict the future ...
          However, my lawn Service business is picking up. When one business is slow, it's nice to fall back on another...
          Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
          ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
          (269)650-2242

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's detailing View Post
            Gas prices have hit my shop this year so far, it's still to early to predict the future ...
            However, my lawn Service business is picking up. When one business is slow, it's nice to fall back on another...
            I was just thinking the other day that I'd like to start a lawn service

Hows that work for you? Keeping track of two separate businesses?
            2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
            2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
            2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
            2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by n737nc View Post
              I was just thinking the other day that I'd like to start a lawn service

Hows that work for you? Keeping track of two separate businesses?
              Good go with that feeling MOW....lol
              Anyways, you just have to keep track of things and schedule things around each other no big deal..
              Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
              ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
              (269)650-2242

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');