• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D/A converter box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D/A converter box

I finally made an effort to redeem my government supplied coupons to get the required digital to analog converter box for the 19' tv in the bedroom. On wednesday, I tried the walmart by by folks and they were out (they sell them for $49.99 (RCA)). Yesterday I went to the walmart by my house and they were out too. So stopped by bestbuy close to the house and they had none too. So I start thinking this is not looking good. Went over to radio shack and they were out but expect some in today. Fustrated, I went home and called the radio shack down the road. Same story, out but expected today. Got online and went to circuitcity.com and they shown as having the Zenith DDT900 in stock. I drive over there and they had about 150 units, most were April 2008 with a few March 2008s mixed in but not May 2008s born on dates. Grabbed my box and headed home. plugged it in and it did it's thing. It is very easy to set up. I was able to pull in 40 digital channels even with rabbit ears! The picture was very clear and a hugh improvement over the previous reception.

Overall, I was very pleased.
    I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Re: D/A converter box

All that money you spent driving around, and time you wasted calling places, you could of just bought a new TV

I have a couple of those coupons. I'm going to redeem them, then hand the boxes off to someone who needs them. All of my TV's are HDTV's.

Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Re: D/A converter box

I know what you mean, we hit $4/gal yesterday, but believe it or not circuit city is about 2 miles away all the other stores are within walking distance. I was already at walmart for something else.

Yeah, my Sony is HD the 19" is a CRT. So now I'm set.
      I'm crafty, but not good at crafts.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');