• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't get the 3" backing plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't get the 3" backing plate

Just received my ADS order and the 3"backing plate 5/8" thread wasn't in the box. All the small pads that I ordered are useless. And to top it off, the quantity of decals I ordered was reversed on the invoice (I ordered 2 of the 2-pack grey and 1 of the 2-pack silver and on the invoice it shows the exact opposite). What a bummer!
    I planned on using the mini pads on a '96 Mustang convertible scheduled this Sat. and Sun. What to do? What to do?
    on, people!

Re: Didn't get the 3" backing plate

Were they on the invoice? ***** when you have things all planned out like that but something gets mixed up.

Rick is a great guy to deal with, he will take care of you.
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Yes, the backing plate was on the invoice, but failed to get in the box.
      on, people!

Comment

Contact Rick, he has an excellent reputation and he'll do his best to make things right.

IF you need a 3" backing plate today you can make one by cutting up a larger one that you already have, I've done this in rather rudimentary way but when there's a will there's a way. I did it by holding a sharp screwdriver into the back of the backing plate while attached to a rotary buffer at a high RPM. Not pretty but it cut through the plastic and wa-la... a small backing plate.

You could also check your local PBE stores if there are any open this Memorial Day weekend and see if they have one in stock.

You could check Harbor Freight, was in there a month ago or so and saw a 3" buffing pad kit that I think included a backing plate.

Hope this helps...
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Contact Rick, he has an excellent reputation and he'll do his best to make things right.

IF you need a 3" backing plate today you can make one by cutting up a larger one that you already have, I've done this in rather rudimentary way but when there's a will there's a way. I did it by holding a sharp screwdriver into the back of the backing plate while attached to a rotary buffer at a high RPM. Not pretty but it cut through the plastic and wa-la... a small backing plate.

You could also check your local PBE stores if there are any open this Memorial Day weekend and see if they have one in stock.

You could check Harbor Freight, was in there a month ago or so and saw a 3" buffing pad kit that I think included a backing plate.

Hope this helps...
          I called Rick yesterday evening and left a message, but have not heard back from him. Sent an email also.
          That's a good idea about making a 3" backing plate but I only have one.
          I started on the '96 Mustang Convertible this morning that I have lined up for today and Sunday so I don't really have time to go pick one up (no stores close, it takes at least 1/2 an hour to get to one)...Getting a bite to eat right now and then back to it.
          Thanks Mike
          on, people!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Hope this helps...
            Great Tip Mike!
            SYDSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sydster View Post
              Great Tip Mike!
              Well the 2nd and 3rd tips are kind of normal inside the box suggestions, the first tip is kind of thinking outside the box when you're between a rock and a hard place. It's called "Billy Bobin It". No offense to anyone named Billy Bob.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');