• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garage sale SCORE!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage sale SCORE!!!!

Scored this today at a garage sale. Not sure what it's worth exactly, but I know Curtis-Toledo air compressor go for a pretty good chunk of change! New they sell from $1500 and higher. Scored this jewel for $50! Whoo Hooo!!!

2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Garage sale SCORE!!!!

Lucky you. Great find, Nick. Way to go.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Awesome! Those are beasts!

Now just go detail it would ya?

LOL!
      www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Yeah, it needs to be cleaned up. But for the price, I couldn't pass it up.
        Started looking on line, and found a couple of them used, in almost the same condition for $900

The guy had it marked for $75, I tried to get him down to $50, but the lowest he would go was $55. So I wasn't going to let $5 be a deal breaker

Gonna run it by a place that specializes in these commercial air compressors, and let them go over it. Make sure it's good to go before I fire it up.

Comment

That is a great score! Do you know if it is a single phase motor or three phase.
          If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post
            That is a great score! Do you know if it is a single phase motor or three phase.

3 phase motor

Comment

Honestly, Id drain the oil, toss in some new oil(I use mobil1 10w40 in mine) and wire and fire it. If you are remotely mechanical at all they are VERY simple to work on.
              If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

You can name it SHOOOUTY.
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Cool man!
                  --2004 Ford Mustang V6 -- Full mod list and some pictures at my SouthFloridaStangs Vehicle Garage --

Comment

Well, after about $50 in parts, I got her fired up! Changed the oil, replaced the air filters, replaced some of the wiring and replaced the fitting out of the tank. She works very well! Has a slight leak that I can't seem to track down(tank will empty over the course of 2-3 days). But I'll get it figured out soon enough. I'm in the process of putting plumbers tape on all of the fittings. Some of these fittings are rusted shut, so I'm having a tough time.

On a side note, it keeps up with me perfectly! Fired up the air sander the other day. Held it on steady for about 3 minutes. Tank dropped to about 100psi and the motor fired up, psi never dropped below 100 the entire 3 minutes

Comment

Good find!!!

The leak is probably from the pressure regulator. I have yet to find one that does not leak slightly. Turn the regulator just enough so that there is air pressure on it, and that will slow downs any air loss.

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');