• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water reclamation in California.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water reclamation in California.

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. Looking for specific regulations (EPA or otherwise) in regards to water runoff in Central California, even more specific, the sacramento area. I've browsed the EPA web site and google but have come up with very little. Direct links to verbage of mandates or regulations would be fantastic. Trying to educate the property management of a facility that I work for concerning water reclamation, runoff and such.

Anything will help, thanx in advance.

Re: Water reclamation in California.

If you're referring to the washing/waxing of vehicles, then it's probably a city mode (it is in my locale). Maryville Municipal Code 6.20.030 prohibits runoff into a storm drain from looking at their rules. Detailers in my town are required to have a containment device for runoff......though I can't recall ever seeing it enforced.

Mort

Comment

I would give a call to your public works department. Ask them for specifics and were to find them in thier statutes.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Optimum No Rinse FTW. Scottwax uses ONR because of environmental regulations as well. It is a rinseless rather than waterless wash and uses about two gallons of water. It avoids the expense of water reclamation systems and the bulk of added equipment.
        We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Comment

Originally posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
          Optimum No Rinse FTW. Scottwax uses ONR because of environmental regulations as well. It is a rinseless rather than waterless wash and uses about two gallons of water. It avoids the expense of water reclamation systems and the bulk of added equipment.
          I just started using ONR and it was amazingly well.
          AeroCleanse, LLC
          Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');