• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken alarm?

The other day I was polishing a 2007 corolla that belongs to a friend of mine with the megs DA. Usually I turn off the car alarm before I get to work polishing the paint but this time I didn't notice that I hadn't done so.

After polishing the car for about 3 minutes the alarm went off, but I noticed that the siren wasn't working right. It would sound just fine one second and kind of muffled the next. My friend also noticed that the alarm system on the car is now much more sensitive than before (leaning on the car too much might set it off now).

Is it possible that I could've damaged the alarm system? I did not detail the engine compartment so I didn't touch any electrical stuff under the hood. What could've caused it?

Re: Broken alarm?

Nothing you did!

Comment

A poor alarm system and/or installation.

Comment

Sounds like a weak ground wire at the horn (rust), or the main ground.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I should've been more specific but this was a factory installed alarm, and it worked just fine prior to my polishing the vehicle. In the middle of the polishing process was when I noticed that the alarm sounded strange.

Comment

Sounds like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even if you were not there it probably would of happened.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Maybe it was just purring from being polished?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');