• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife has a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife has a new car

First I want to thank everyone who responded to my thread a few weeks ago about buying a new vehicle. My wife was looking at the Jeep Liberty, Dodge Nitro, Chevy Equinox, & the Saturn Vue. She went with the Saturn Vue XE, AWD, 3.5L V-6, 6 speed auto. Deep Blue exterior, gray interior. It also had the paint protectant & fabric protectant added, but when I told them if I had to pay for them I wouldn't buy the car, they took that price off. My question is this. It has the gray molded fender flares, body side molding, front & rear bumper. What should I use on these areas? I guess I could use M40, but would Hyperdressing or something else be a better choice?
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Re: My wife has a new car

Gold Class Trim Detailer works great and I just used All Season Dressing and they both seem very durable. M40 works great but in my experience doesn't last as long.

Congrats on the new car, those are great looking rigs and ride very nice.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Nice purchase, I would use All Season Dressing on the outside plastic.

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase.
        The V6 is a good engine and the alloy wheels included in the package are nice.

Must be something with Saturn dealers... when we bought our VUE they pulled the same thing with something called "1st place finish" and included some "maintenance" products.

They even gave me some wax stains as a delivery present!

I was so ticked off about the whole paint protectant thing I called the Mfr and asked if I put Megs on top would that be an issue? They said no. End of that "system".
        Rob A.
        '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
        '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

#40 or All Season Dressing would be my choices. Congrats on the new car. Way to go.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Congratulations on your new vehicle. I would have to echo the other posts that #40 or All season should help with the rubber trim pieces.

Comment

Definitely give #40 and ASD a try. They are both great products. I use #40 inside and ASD outside. To date, I haven't found a Meguiar's product that lasts as long as ASD on the exterior. Fantastic product!! $30 is my all time favorite for the interior plastic and vinyl.

Comment

Congrats on the new vehicle!

Good luck with it!

Andy
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

New vehicles are fun !!! ...for various reasons, I have three new ones in the family this year. Totalled my old one, wife needed a new one and the son bought his own...Congrats on your purchase and have fun "meguiarizing" it !!
                  Bill Poirier
                  West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

I have ASD ordered. I am not to car crazy, My wife's car is 5 days old & I have washed it 3 times already and today is not over. I have also washed my car 2 times and it has only been driven 1 time since we got hers.
                    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

haha, wow, sounds like youve got it going.

ASD is a good quick product but it wont last through to many washings or drives in the rain.

Its not recommended but I use Hot Tire Shine Gel on my exterior plastic. Longest lasting product Ive found but it is a little to shiny when its first put on. It also runs the first time it rains but after that it seems to have a matt finish that lasts forever.

The type of plastic creates a lot of variables on how a product will perform.
                      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by dvtldav View Post
                        I have ASD ordered. I am not to car crazy, My wife's car is 5 days old & I have washed it 3 times already and today is not over. I have also washed my car 2 times and it has only been driven 1 time since we got hers.
                        Welcome to the club!
                        SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');