• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to vent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need to vent...

Guess I'm thinking electrical problem with tail lights burning up. There's a ton of computer control modules in my car (related to emissions mostly) that are also related to transmission operation. Had a low battery cell in my car last week and it gave me all kinds of horrible messages...just not the one that counted.

The dealer will get it figured out...for a small fee. Heck, the furthest I go off road is into my garage

Mort

Comment

ohh, my bad, I had that tranny stuck in my head.

Ive read about the reflectors coming apart inside of the tail lights on the libertys and falling on the bulbs.... Thus melting. Its possible if you were on some really rough roads both of them came apart and melted. Since you were on the brakes a lot being offroad and all, they melted quicker than they normally would.

Yea, at that speed it was probably shifting a pretty good lot if it was not limited to a lower gear. Also, since you were going that speed there wasnt much air going through the tranny cooler which also hurt you. Getting a HD tranny cooler or upgrading the cooling by getting the factory engine driven fan would help a ton offroad.
      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Well luckily we have a extended warranty as well as Jeep's power train warranty. We already paid the $100 deductible, but if the warranty covers the problems, then $100 is way more than fair. It's going to be about $150 to replace the fender though.

Ryan
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Wow! That's a vacation you're never going to forget. I hope you were able to squeeze in some fun in-between all bad luck.

Mike
          Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Surprised they are covering all that. Usually if a dealer knows youve had it offroad they wont cover anything. More so if you have a lift and bigger tires on it.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
              Surprised they are covering all that. Usually if a dealer knows youve had it offroad they wont cover anything. More so if you have a lift and bigger tires on it.
              Well they tried that this time and have tried it before. But last year in CA there was a law passed stated that modification with in reason cannot affect warranty work and what is and is not covered. For example, a couple months ago we had a really bad rattle coming from the shock area, couldn't figure out what it was for the life of us. Took it in and they said "It's the lift you have on it," even though this rattle came on suddenly 30,000 miles after the lift was installed. Turns out it was one of the seat mount bolts that had come loose.

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');