• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More non-detailing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More non-detailing photos

There have been a few photography related posts lately and discussions about buying/upgrading to new gear. I just wanted to chime in and encourage anyone with an interest, to go for it. Don't worry about buying the best, it's more about the photographer than the camera (although a Mark1D would be nice).

I took these with a Canon A550, 7.1MP point and shoot, that I paid a whopping $149 for a little over a year ago (first digital cam). I'm far from a pro, but it's easy to see how fast you can learn when you shoot a lot of pictures. These are the best of 10-50 shots of the same subject. I just keep shooting and adjusting until I get what I want. After a year, it's closer to 10 than it is to 50.

Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Re: More non-detailing photos

Nice photos.

Comment

Nice pics. Is That a gator in the water?
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Very cool!
        Thanks for sharing,
        It is amazing how difficult it is to take quality pictures. My high school photo class gave me a respect for the art

keep up the great work
        -Nick
        Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
          Nice pics. Is That a gator in the water?
          LOL If it is, he's one cold lizard. That water is about 54 degrees year round. The fore ground is Terrell Creek which empties into the Birch Bay in the Puget sound about 300 yards to the right.

The cloud pic above is the same creek at almost the same spot.
          Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGypsy View Post
            LOL If it is, he's one cold lizard. That water is about 54 degrees year round. The fore ground is Terrell Creek which empties into the Birch Bay in the Puget sound about 300 yards to the right.

The cloud pic above is the same creek at almost the same spot.
            I guess after living in Florida all these years, I automatically think gator , water.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Great shots, just like most things experience is the best way to get better quality results. Not to mention usually the cheapest as well.
              Navy Blue Metallic Pearl 2002 Camaro Z28: Build in progress. (416" LS3/9" Rear End/TH400/200 Shot)
              Superior Blue Metallic 2005 Trailblazer LS: !Badges/!Molding/20% Tint/Stealth Audio in Progress

Comment

SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');