• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's logo

Hello All,

Is there any requirement to make a big Meguiar's logo like the one in the Meguair's garage? I heard here in Indonesia there are certain requirements to fill, including chipping in some big money, before flashing the logo. I do think it should be ok to have the big meguiar's sign as long as we all have good faith. Meguiar's please respond firmly. Is it ok or not? Thanks in advance.

Re: Meguiar's logo

Thank you for asking.

While we love your passion for our products, unfortunately, you are not allowed to use and/or recreate our logo without our permission since it is a registered trademark.

The best thing to do is contact your local Meguiar's main office and work with them for a banner.

Mike
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Re: Meguiar's logo

Thanks Mike P for the prompt response. As stated, I had discussion with them and all they care about is the money. And it is no secret among us here in indonesia. I do not intend to misrepresent anything. I just love the sign and the products. I understand you dont know much about how I really want to be associated with Meguiar's using the path you mentioned, contacting MEguair's Indonesia. But it is useless Mike. Again I have to state that they require us to chip in about 10K.

Since you are talking about permission, why cant i get a permission from you, at the HQ? The sign wont say anything that will mislead people to believe that we are meguiars. In fact, it will state explicitly like "Meguiar's by Glam Slam" (thats my garage name). At best, I hope it will state that I use Meguairs materials. It is true that I use your materials although not 100% (95% probably). The rest is 3M. (I dont know what to respond towards 3M acquiring Meguiars. I dont like it but I hope things will change here in Indonesia).

FYI, 3M used to require the same thing as the Meguiar's Indonesia does, that is (big) money upfront. And since several years ago, 3M got rid of the method since, they admit, the big money upfront was just an obstacle, especially for car detailing lovers.

Thanks in advance sir.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');