• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone giving detailing products for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone giving detailing products for Christmas?

So we all probably have detailing stuff on our list for Santa, but is anyone planning on giving anything as a gift.

I helped my parents make a car detailing gift basket for a friend of theirs. He has been building his hot rod for a few years and it's all finished now. Figured it was a fitting gift. I've been checking Walmart and Target for gift boxes for two of my friends but no luck yet.

Friends don't let friends drive dirty cars!
    Scott

Re: Anyone giving detailing products for Christmas?

I sometimes give out "IOU's" for details to friends and family. Everyone always asks for it anyway...haha.

But the products as a gift idea isn't a bad one at all. I've done it for friends for birthdays and such, but Christmas....hmmm

Comment

I'm going to give my step son a tin of M16 for his truck as he will have his license to drive the '66 Dodge D100 and if weather holds out, we will finish her up.
      Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I thought about getting a buddy of mine one of the care care kits they have at Target, it's not Meguiar's though. But, it would point him in the right direction of properly taking care of his car.

Comment

IMO the kits have some stuff that isn't as useful as individually picked products.

Comment

That sounds like a good idea. I have a couple of friends that are always tough to get gifte for. This might work.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

I am always surprised how many of my friends want to take care of their cars but don't know where to start. Plus if they take care of them it's less work for me. lol
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                I am always surprised how many of my friends want to take care of their cars but don't know where to start. Plus if they take care of them it's less work for me. lol
                How true. Could not agree more.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

I won't give products away, I usually do some free detailing (parents and brothers)

Comment

I'm free for the whole month of December so instead of giving gifts - I think I'll go around giving friends and family free detailing services (imagine santa going around giving free details minus the costume and raindeer)... few friends are getting married in December and I hope to do their cars.
                    Last edited by TimG; Nov 20, 2008, 06:12 AM.
                    Learning new things everyday

Comment

I'm not planning to but if you want to send me some, send me a PM and will let you know where to send it.

Dave
                      You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Last Christmas I gave out a few Gift Certificates that I made. When I gave these out people seemed surprised but when it came to detail their cars they were very happy. Kind of funny because they didn't exxpect it.This is what I did and photographed. I hope it's ok to post this if not please remove.

Gift Certificate
                        Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                        www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                        Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Those are really cool Hemin8r!
                          Scott

Comment

Those are cool!

If I were to give friends or family detailing products, they would not use them.
                            I am also giving IOU's

-nick
                            Luck is probability taken personally!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');