• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too cold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too cold...

I placed an order last week with Rick at ADS for a Gallon of 151, 205, Last Touch, APC+ and some pads. I looked at the online tracking today and it's in Hodgkins IL, and it's scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. It's brutally cold here right now, here's hoping my order does arrive as a block of ice on Tuesday...

Re: Too cold...

I grew up in Vermont and that is something I would have to consider. These days I live in Florida (30 years) and it never crossed my mind. I hope every thing turns out all right.

Dr. Maurice
    Chef and Dr. of Min.

God is a good God, He loves you, and He wants to bless you.

Comment

Well, it's pretty much a guess and I was itching to order 205. I didn't see this coming, I was out earlier today and between the wind and the cold, it's BRUTAL!

Comment

I just got a few products last week. They where really cold but surprisingly not frozen. Once I got a gallon of air freshener that was slush, seems to still be fine.

Hope you get it all okay!
        Scott

Comment

You should be ok. I have received some products in the winter that seemed really cold when I got them but I just put them in the warmest room of the house for a few days and they worked out fine.
          '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
          '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

I ordered a G110 and a 32 oz. jug of 205 and mine is sitting in Hodkins as well. I'm thinking with the size of the bottles and the way things are usually wrapped from ADS most things will be fine, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I just didn't want to place another order in May or so knowing I probably won't need anything then. We'll see.
            "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Much as I dislike having to dispose of the styrofoam packing, it does make a pretty good insulation as well as cushioning the product.
              One thing I try hard to avoid is just what has happened to you.
              Having the shipment set on a truck over the week-end can cause some problems. I always felt that as long as it is moving and being transferred at each terminal that it was exposed to some warmer temperatures.
              Like you said, nothing you can do about it now.

If it's any consolation, I don't usually have all that much luck trying to schedule my deliveries either.
              Charles
              The Rainmaker

Comment

Yeah, we are experiencing the same frigid weather, too. I've got two 32oz bottles of M205, five gallons of Detailer Glass Cleaner, etc.

Hopefully, nothing goes bad...
                Chris
                Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I ordered the G110 and kit from ADS too. It is supposed to come on Wednesday. I hope my products aren't frozen when I get them.
                  Joel
                  Firefighter/EMT-B
                  Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                  "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                  '99 F-150

Comment

Good luck everyone. Here's hoping everyone gets there order in good shape. No blocks of ice.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

What is this "cold" and "Ice" you speak of... I know not of such things.

The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
                      --VoicesInMyHead--
                      0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

I work for a major frieght company and we use insulated blankets on freezable items but our docks are not heated. Not sure what UPS or Fed-X uses.Being inside a cardboard box full of foam peanuts plus boxes being protected in the truck should do the trick.
                        Awoke this morning to a temp of 1 degree and a wind chill of -20. No heat in attached garage and had to thaw out water pipe that was exposed for a repair I did this fall and forgot about. Detailing products are safe in detached heated garage out back.Wife said I take better care of my detailing supplies then I do her.
                        Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                        317-513-4678

Comment

Originally posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post

Don't know about Sun City but I haven,t gone to Scottsdale the last few Januarys because of the cold weather. We now wait for the April Barrett Jackson in West Palm Beach.
                          Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                          317-513-4678

Comment

Originally posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post

My father lived in Sun City West up until he passed away last year, I always loved going to visit him, especially this time of year. When you walk outside here right now, it's gets your full attention quick!

Nothing I can do about the shipement accept find out when it's scheduled for delivery and get it inside, so it doesn't sit on my doorstep all day...

Comment

I also ordered product last week. Two bottles of M84 from Amazon. I really do not need it but caught the thread last week and just had to order it. Figured at that price I could not go wrong. I've never used it.
                              Can't wait till the big thaw to try it out. May or June.........
                              Due to arrive today. Just checked the weather, it is a balmy -1 here in
                              cental Ill. The sun is shinning so I quess it will be OK?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');