• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible Glass

I had read about some people using invisible glass products before, and in Motor Trend they had an ad for Invisible Glass. I went to Invisible Glass, and ordered a free sample. It came with in a week or so. I am going to try it tomorrow. I was wondering if you have tried it what are some suggestions if any, and what is your opinion on it. Personally I do not know if I would buy the stuff any ways, because it is another product to buy when I think UQD works just fine, and creates invisible glass. The free sample comes with 2 wipes.

Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Re: Invisible Glass

Give it a try...

See how many windows a wipe lasts for, if there is enough liquid, if it needs followed up with a dry cloth or not.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Not sure how the IG wipes will be, but I do use the Aerosol can for my glass cleaning needs not only for the car but all around my apartment including mirrors. I like the aerosol as it does not spray a liquid but more of a mist of product.

Plus, like most quality glass cleaners, it does not have ammonia so it is safe for tinted windows. I would love to try the NXT Glass Cleaner, but I have yet to find it OTC anywhere and haven't ordered it online either.

Let us know what you think of the wipes.
      "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Same. Aerosol can works great...not sure about the wipes. I like the product because a little goes a very long way.

Comment

I get some stuff from Costco because its in an aerosol and comes in a 4-pack and amonia free. Safe for use on my tinted windows, but for the windshield I use UQD most of the time.

I looked at IG's site, you have to pay $4.50 shipping and handling for a "free" sample?

Comment

I did not pay anything for shipping. I did not use a credit card or anything. I just checked now, and I saw the shipping charge. They must of just added that, because I do not remember paying at all.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            '99 F-150

Comment

I used to use Invisible Glass before really getting into detailing and it worked pretty good. Seems to haze quicker than some other products out there like Meguiar's.

Not bad stuff though.

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I use to use the invisible glass all the time. Then I switched to Meguiars concentrated glass cleaner. There is a difference. Not knocking the invisible glass. It appeared after time there was a buildup of product. With the megs glass cleaner have not noticed this at all.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Have used Stoner's IG a lot. Worked quite well for me. No issues.

However, I recently tried Meguiar's glass cleaner and was equally impressed. I found it worked just as well as the Stoner's and was even more economical (and smells much better).

2013 Highlander - black
                  2010 TL - black

Comment

Originally posted by gjohn28 View Post
                    Have used Stoner's IG a lot. Worked quite well for me. No issues.

However, I recently tried Meguiar's glass cleaner and was equally impressed. I found it worked just as well as the Stoner's and was even more economical (and smells much better).

+1 : I have both, I like both, the Meg's concentrate does smell great - too great, my wife always 'appropriates' it for use in the house! LOL!

And, IMO, Meg's does an easier job removing 'vinyl fog' from the bottom of windshields. But the key for me is More Economical!
                    The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
                    --VoicesInMyHead--
                    0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

I wasn't that impressed with Invisible Glass. I have a can somewhere around the house I use for the house windows, my sunglasses, etc...

Comment

So here are some pictures. My windows were not that dirty. It is not that easy to see the dirt. When my Mom gets home(since her windows are dirtier) I will do a 50/50 shot. And a shot with IG and UQD and maybe a normal glass cleaner and see if there is a difference. Anyways, I think the product did what it was supposed to. I used a microfiber cloth to dry. I did not see any streaks or and dirt. Also the windows were "invisible" , but I have recived the same results with my generic glass cleaner.

This is what the wipe looks like:

Before:

The little specks on the glass is the dirt.

Afters:

I think this is the best picture, it shows the reflections ,but otherwise you would not know.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for more.
                        Joel
                        Firefighter/EMT-B
                        '99 F-150

Comment

like the nxt glass cleaner, invisible glass works well. they both do a great job...

Comment

Alright here are the test results. Enjoy!!
                            One the left is UQD
                            Middle is IG
                            End is a Generic Glass Cleaner (Streak Free)

Before:

Afters:

Ultimate Quik Detailer:

Invisible Glass Wipe:

Generic Streak Free Glass Cleaner:

Despite what the pictures may show, there was not really any streaking from any product. They all seemed to be about the same. Obviously UQD leaves some hydrophobic properties which the others do not. There is some salt dust on the window because when I was drying the towel hit the salt and put some dust onto the window. There are still some dirty spots, because I did not want to over lap the products for the test. I really do not have a preference. You can be the judge.

Thanks for looking!!
                            Joel
                            Firefighter/EMT-B
                            '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
                              +1 : I have both, I like both, the Meg's concentrate does smell great - too great, my wife always 'appropriates' it for use in the house! LOL!

And, IMO, Meg's does an easier job removing 'vinyl fog' from the bottom of windshields. But the key for me is More Economical!
                              Do what I did. Mix up a bottle for her. She can keep it inside. But then if your wife is like mine, It will become your job anyway. lol.
                              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');