• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let there be LIGHT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let there be LIGHT!

I have finally got around to getting my new lights installed in my garage. I've attached a couple photos. Went from 1 small strip light to 3 high output strip lights from Cooper Lighting (Metalux). I know it's not that exciting, but this is my first step to setting up my garage...next I'll hang the heater that we ran wire for today.

Heater will go on the ceiling, right at the bottom of the stairs. Got the Fareheat 5000 watt electric from Northern Tool.

...and yes, my car is wet...it was rainy all day and I just backed it in before taking the photos. The car is a 1995 Pontiac Trans Am that I got when I was 16. Just had the car resprayed about 2 months back. Also added a new garage door opener this summer (Chamberlain 3/4 HP chain drive)
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Re: Let there be LIGHT!

Looks good... those kind of shelves are good for hanging spray bottles.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Looks like you are going to have a great work area. The lighting looks good. Enjoy!
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Looking good, excellent place to work

Comment

Looks good! I need to add some proper lighting to my garage. How about a few more pics?

Mike
          Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
            Looks good! I need to add some proper lighting to my garage. How about a few more pics?

Mike
            I'll see what I can do. The lights were far to bright to photo, so I'll see if I can do some indirect lighting.

The goal is to acid stain the concrete floor in the garage and to paint the walls, etc. Lots of work ahead.

Also, the cabinets you see on the back right corner are from Black Friday 2008 where Lowe's had them for $35 each. Picked up 2 and will use them to store my products.
            NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Looks great! That garage is way too clean.

What is your drive way made out of? Looks different, or maybe that's just because it's wet.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                Also, the cabinets you see on the back right corner are from Black Friday 2008 where Lowe's had them for $35 each. Picked up 2 and will use them to store my products.
                I thought those were refrigerators.

Mike
                Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');