• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Winter Treat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Winter Treat

It got up into the lower 60s today, and so I treated myself, and Luthien, to a lengthy wash and wax. Though it was perhaps warm enough to go ahead with a regular wash, I chose to go with the ONR, as I have been doing all winter.

I then pulled Luthien into the garage and spent an hour polishing her with #7. I confess I really like using #7, though I still haven't mastered the technique. After I polished her, I then went back over the car with the Brinkman looking for any polish I may have missed. I believe #7leaves my Luthien with a deeper shine than she would have without it; but to be honest, I really don't know if that is the case.

I then laid down a coat of Collinite 845. This coat should get me well into April.

Luthien looks great, but as the Brinkman revealed she is swirled from fender to fender. I look forward to my spring detail, when I plan on spending a couple of days polishing her with my G110, SwirlX, and M205. Counting the days ...

And yes, I know that

but it was past sunset by the time I finished. You will just have to take my word that Luthien looks lovely this evening.

Cheers,
    Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: A Winter Treat

good to hear you were able to detail your car.
    M07 is an excellent product and is my favorite pure polish
    thanks for sharing
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yea, yea, yea. Rub it in why don't ya.

It only got up to the high 40's here in southeastern PA, but I decided to go for a regular Gold Class wash anyway (vs the usual winter ONR wash) and then a wipe down with UQD on the TL. It was nice to get outside, but it just wasn't quite warm enough for a "lengthy wash and wax."

Originally posted by akimel View Post
      Luthien looks great, but as the Brinkman revealed she is swirled from fender to fender. I look forward to my spring detail, when I plan on spending a couple of days polishing her with my G110, SwirlX, and M205. Counting the days ...
      I believe the manifestation of swirls has something to do with atypically warm winter temperatures, teasing you to consider doing some correction, when you know you can't.
      Last edited by gjohn28; Feb 1, 2009, 05:49 PM.
      2013 Highlander - black
      2010 TL - black

Comment

36 in Toronto (3 degrees celsius) and it felt like beach weather compared to what we've been getting so I got out the GC Shampoo and did a wash.

Hose was frozen to start with so I had a stream of water that was about strong enough to knock an ant off stride.

Eventually it thawed out and I even got the Karcher working. All in all, it the quality of the wash was about 3.5/10, but it felt like an 11.
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Yeah, I was lucky so far this winter I have washed my car 3 times.
          Joel
          Firefighter/EMT-B
          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
          '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
            Yeah, I was lucky so far this winter I have washed my car 3 times.
            its okay, i have only washed my truck 5 or 6 times since the begining of December and my parents just take their trucks through the car wash. Look at it this way, the spring will let you do a full out detail, i plan on dedicating an entire Weekend to treat all 3 vechiles.

it will require a lot of this
            Nick
            815-954-0773

Comment

Ummmm, got a nice tan in the 76 degree weather working on the Liberty today. Real perfect, no wind, not a cloud in sight.

Looks like we'll have that weather for the next couple months...gonna have to pull the shorts out of the closet. Ohh yea they already are.

Seriously though, good to see that you got out there and treated your self to a good detailing day!

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
                Ummmm, got a nice tan in the 76 degree weather working on the Liberty today. Real perfect, no wind, not a cloud in sight.

Looks like we'll have that weather for the next couple months...gonna have to pull the shorts out of the closet. Ohh yea they already are.

Seriously though, good to see that you got out there and treated your self to a good detailing day!

Ryan
                I would be happy if it was at least 50 degress over here. Illinois is cold
                Nick
                815-954-0773

Comment

Same here.
                  I cannot wait until spring, so my truck can look the cleanest all the time, and I can take all the swirls out.
                  Joel
                  Firefighter/EMT-B
                  Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                  "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                  '99 F-150

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');